Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life’s Current State in the Meta and Ideas on How to Move Forward

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
(I posted this in the wrong forums before sadly)

With the nerf of crit healing and the effective slaughter of their main gimmick, Life needs some love to keep up with the meta in Pvp. Perhaps consider some of these suggestions, especially the Life Scion change.

Consider a sanc change to 35% healing at 2 pips for pvp only. Since stalling is dead with the timer and jades have been properly dealt with, the bubble wouldnt be problematic stalling wise and would allow life to keep up tempo wise., sadly Namaste takes too many pips to be useful for lifes.

Give life more innate healing boost on gear.

Change Life Scion’s heal to 1500 and overtime heal to a 55+315 damage overtime so it functions as a shield breaker to gain tempo instead of having no other utility other than healing. And consider making the spell double its values based on whether or not user is under 33% health. The spell is not suited for team play in both pvp and pve so making it a good overall tool for 1v1 Life isnt a bad idea. Plus it matches the schools identity while being a parallel to death scion. PLEASE consider this.

And finally absorbs being affected by Healing boost, crit and bubble to give them viability. Itd function differently from a heal as it would have uses as a shield and have weaknesses like drains and a simple pierce spell.

As a Life main Id greatly appreciate you guys considering all this. I feel like every school should be viable and while I agree with the crit nerf to a certain extent, it leaves a hole in what life used to have. But giving life more synergy with its heals would allow the school to be both viable and interesting to play.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Professional Wizhe... on Aug 25, 2020 wrote:
(I posted this in the wrong forums before sadly)

With the nerf of crit healing and the effective slaughter of their main gimmick, Life needs some love to keep up with the meta in Pvp. Perhaps consider some of these suggestions, especially the Life Scion change.

Consider a sanc change to 35% healing at 2 pips for pvp only. Since stalling is dead with the timer and jades have been properly dealt with, the bubble wouldnt be problematic stalling wise and would allow life to keep up tempo wise., sadly Namaste takes too many pips to be useful for lifes.

Give life more innate healing boost on gear.

Change Life Scion’s heal to 1500 and overtime heal to a 55+315 damage overtime so it functions as a shield breaker to gain tempo instead of having no other utility other than healing. And consider making the spell double its values based on whether or not user is under 33% health. The spell is not suited for team play in both pvp and pve so making it a good overall tool for 1v1 Life isnt a bad idea. Plus it matches the schools identity while being a parallel to death scion. PLEASE consider this.

And finally absorbs being affected by Healing boost, crit and bubble to give them viability. Itd function differently from a heal as it would have uses as a shield and have weaknesses like drains and a simple pierce spell.

As a Life main Id greatly appreciate you guys considering all this. I feel like every school should be viable and while I agree with the crit nerf to a certain extent, it leaves a hole in what life used to have. But giving life more synergy with its heals would allow the school to be both viable and interesting to play.
I watched a video last night of a Life Wizard with 140 Damage and 61% Universal resist.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
Liam Swiftwalker on Aug 26, 2020 wrote:
I watched a video last night of a Life Wizard with 140 Damage and 61% Universal resist.
Isnt that pretty much available for every other school. Also stats arent the issue, spells are. Life atm plays like a weaker version of death, death has better heals through drains, better synergy with them and better overtimes.