Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - Your thoughts on Beastmoon Monster Mayhem

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Posted on behalf of Professor Falmea, join us for another Feedback Friday discussion!

"Wizards! Have you checked out the new Beastmoon Monster Mayhem event yet, or plan to this weekend? We'd love to know what you think of it!" [Professor Falmea]

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What happened to these?

Feedback Fridays used to be on a weekly basis, what happened?

About Beastmoon.

I didn't enjoy this event. This was due to the constraint of the short timer. Trying to beat the timer with long spell animations was annoying and incredibly frustrating.

This aspect needs immediate revision.

Increase the time or shorten spell animations or even both. Or possibly freeze the time when animations are being carried out.

Administrator
Star Edward on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
What happened to these?

Feedback Fridays used to be on a weekly basis, what happened?

About Beastmoon.

I didn't enjoy this event. This was due to the constraint of the short timer. Trying to beat the timer with long spell animations was annoying and incredibly frustrating.

This aspect needs immediate revision.

Increase the time or shorten spell animations or even both. Or possibly freeze the time when animations are being carried out.

Thanks Star for the feedback! Having them on a weekly basis just for the fact of having them on a weekly basis doesn't do much good. We want to have quality feedback and quality questions and inquiries for feedback. Sometimes that isn't weekly :(.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I enjoy this format of the Beastmoon Hunt, but there are some improvements that I could see being made.
  1. Getting pity rewards when you lose (with a rare chance of getting a Beastmoon Needle).
  2. Longer time for each round, or increasing the hit power of our beast-forms (not the mobs).
  3. Provide at least decent rewards if you do managed to win all the rounds. From what I've heard the rewards aren't worth the effort.
  4. Provide more heavy-hitter beast-forms for players to use (free of charge).
  5. Give the slower beast-forms a speed boost for this format of Beastmoon Hunt.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Hello! I'm not sure if you're supposed to link other threads, but there is an entire thread in "Events and Gauntlets" with posts regarding Beastmoon thoughts/feedbacks/suggestions. A lot has been said there, so it'd probably be a good idea to check it out!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I'm glad that Feedback Fridays aren't about more pointless questions like "What is your favorite color for your outfits" or whatever but I would love to see more Feedback Fridays.

As for the Mayhem event, I've said it on multiple platforms (here, Central, and even on Twitter), but the timer is certainly far too short. Random teams don't stand a chance, most of the time not even getting past Wave 1. Either increase the timer by several minutes per wave, or get rid of it entirely and have the wizard team lose when they run out of Beastforms to play as during that match.

What's particularly disappointing is that I love the way that Beastmoon isn't dominated by the main game's "blade up and one-hit-kill everything with an AoE" strategy, and this event being PVE instead of PVP is icing on the cake. This event is precisely my cup of tea. BUT, it isn't enjoyable because of the timer.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
This event is very challenging, because of that I feel players need to see all their rewards at the end of the fight like the regular beast moon. Otherwise it is like they worked super hard just to lose and end with what feels nothing because they received their loot throughout the battles. Also, increase the loot because people should still feel some reward even if they lose because the event is so difficult. So far I haven't met anyone or heard of anyone who has won a match and beat the monsters, I have been playing since the event went live. I do like that it is challenging and to win is harder, I just hope we get a lot of cool stuff if we do end up beating the monsters. This event does require a lot of teamwork and even with that people still don't "win". I think you should make it either easier, or tell us what we need to do to beat it. Also, don't make it so easy to port out of the event...I just had to stop playing because I accidentally ported out when I went to hit "enter" on my keyboard to tell my team i found the time clam when there was only 2 mins left and I must have hit the wrong button (i think it was page up because i was in the pet pavillion). It didn't prompt me to ask if i was sure or anything, just ported me out. Not only was that unfair to me, but to my team, I would really like that fixed. This is a lot of feedback, I appreciate you listening. Thank you so much for your time KI.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Lame reward for completing 3 and final stage... 95 Gold and 2 stone rune ... a lot of work and battles to get so little not worth the battle,,, Meleager quest does not work..

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello Professors,

As many have already said-there are some major frustrations with the game. I do think timing is still an issue. I will propose some suggestions later.

As a seasoned player, I generally know what I'm doing and try to explain to others how to fight (get higher damage characters, go in groups of 2 etc.) but yeah, I find it a waste of time when it's nigh impossible to do with a bunch of random people.

Secondly, my wife has been playing Wizard101 and I got her into the regular Beastmoon and she had fun with that, but as a new player she was very put off by not understanding how everything worked AND constantly losing. She just felt like it was a waste of time and even with my support also felt like it wasn't worth the time because we kept losing.

Perhaps there could be the option of having more time clams available? I know that a lot of people are like "what do I do" when that final battle ring is being fought. Or even if they aren't time clams-have like some attack clams or donate pips to team member clams or something for them to do?

All in all, I echo sad discontent with the majority of players about this game mode. I think it has potential-but there are too many existing problems that make it virtually almost unplayable.

P.S. Also my timers in both Beastmoon Hunts are still dramatically off and don't display correctly.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Here is some feedback from the members over at Wizard101 Central:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?512920-Beastmoon-Monster-Mayhem

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Sparck on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
Posted on behalf of Professor Falmea, join us for another Feedback Friday discussion!

"Wizards! Have you checked out the new Beastmoon Monster Mayhem event yet, or plan to this weekend? We'd love to know what you think of it!" [Professor Falmea]
I am unable to find the beastmoon Boss 1 in Hollow Mountain. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I really enjoy Beastmoon, however after the first day of the event I have not been able to play as it just sits at “number” players waiting and never finds players. I contacted support and they told me nothing was wrong, and it’s just my account for some reason, my friend who played on my computer was able to play no problem. It really sucks that I can’t enjoy this feature in the game and It seems that KI just won’t help me

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
not having a good time with this event, i can't even get into a game. i sit in a queue for hours and hours without finding a game and when i try to join with a group it says that i can't play. missing out on over 1000 points of scroll of fortune and all the beastmoon event rewards. Very frustrated with the support team and the game lately.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
kiefer123276 on Sep 5, 2020 wrote:
not having a good time with this event, i can't even get into a game. i sit in a queue for hours and hours without finding a game and when i try to join with a group it says that i can't play. missing out on over 1000 points of scroll of fortune and all the beastmoon event rewards. Very frustrated with the support team and the game lately.
yes!! I am having this same issue...i reported it to customer support twice and they did not fix it...even went so far as to tell me there is no issue with the queues. I'm missing out on the fun AND points for my scroll.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
There is a bug. When we finished the second battle a couple of us got a blank screen. I managed to make my way into a battle and only then could I see what was going on but that cost at least two minutes.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I can't comment because I can never get into Beastmoon Hunt or Monster Mayhem. It happens every time it comes around. I will make it in for one match. And then, upon exiting, be with friends or a group of players. I will que up. They will que up. But for me, I will be the only person in line. I will wait hours and hours and hours and never get inside. Meanwhile the people I am standing with will wait two minutes and get right inside. It's like I am put into a separate que by myself that no one else can join.

Every time Beastmoon comes around I am lucky to get in for two matches the entire time it is up in game. I never progress in points and I never get to have the fun that is Beastmoon. It is one my very favorite things ever added to the game. And yet I cannot get inside. It's not a matter of no one being on and joining to play. Everyone around me is whizzing in and getting match after match. But I am standing in the arena by Artemis in a que alone. It is really breaking my heart. I so want to play. I want to be able to craft the gear. But I can't earn the points.
PLEASE I am literally begging someone to finally help me! I've written to Customer Service about it so many times. But they say they can't help me. They tell me to post here. I've seen other posts about it here with no solution and comments locked. I am a member for almost 10 years. And I cannot participate in the part of the game that I so love.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Something that I think would be incredibly helpful for those of us with bad memories would be to have somewhere listing how many Battle Coins we have as well as Lunari on our Character Page or in the Event itself. I always check my Lunari by trying to buy something to see how much I have listed, but I don't always write down how many BC I have and so am not sure if I need to run and harvest some plants or not between rounds or overnight. This could, ofc, carry over into the Regular Beastmoon Hunt as well. Extra currencies should be trackable.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,
I feel the mayhem is too hard to reach end of stage 3:
The monsters are too powerful (the calamar who put 125+ -100 for 0/1 pip; the crab who can one shot storm rat with a 2 pip dot; the seamonster who start with 3 pip so he can aoe ar first turn are you serious?)they can hit stronger than us or have more health but not both.
the timer is a bit too short one fail on any fight and thats dead. Add another time clam per round should be good or winning outer circle give more time with the spell on spiral or even better reduce time but spiral fight freeze the timer.
The monster rank up like in the main game that dont fit with the beastmoon rules it's seems rank 1 monsters have the spells of rank 5 beastform.rank up add more life and more pip instead of unlocking new spells and increasing the number of cast of existing spell.

I hope next mayhem will be better cuz this one its' more luck than strategy