Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rebalancing finally gets around to the Balance School

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
It has been a long time since KI gave a buff to Balance, but here it is.

I have Storm, Fire and Life and Ice wizards farming, or gathering their courage to farm Darkmoor, but I would never, ever, bring anything but a max level Balance to the 1v1 arena. I was born a Balance Wizard and I will die a Balance wizard. So naturally I was alarmed at the nerfs to Lore Master, Mana Burn and of course, Gaze of Fate.

Actually, I started winning a lot more when they nerfed Lore Master--I had to start thinking more like a Balance Wizard. The Gaze of Fate nerf was more discouraging, because it was our "big hit."

It didn't break my heart though, because Balance had been dominating top tier PvP for a long time, and I think it is fun when different schools become "the one to beat." I love prevailing in PvP, but I also think it is fun when I lose. "Oh, I should have thought of that."

Without announcement, Balance got a buff in the form of a two pip damage bubble called Balance of Power. It is a subtle buff, because it is a conditional buff.but I think it fits our school.

Balance is not supposed to be a "one hit" school. Balance is supposed to win by adapting to situations and by stacking coincidences. We are supposed to be a clever and annoying school. I don't think this new buff makes us top tier, but I do not care about being top tier. I do not even care if I win "a lot."

I just want that when I win (or lose) a match, that my win or loss really reflects the character of my school.