Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monster Mayhem Camera Bug

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Occasionally the camera will "stare off" into a blue screen. Your character can move around the map, but you cannot see where you are going, you can only see the buttons on top (like health, book, map, emotes, etc). The only way to fix it is to stumble your way into a match....then the camera resets itself.

Administrator
Oran of Urz on Aug 20, 2020 wrote:
Occasionally the camera will "stare off" into a blue screen. Your character can move around the map, but you cannot see where you are going, you can only see the buttons on top (like health, book, map, emotes, etc). The only way to fix it is to stumble your way into a match....then the camera resets itself.
Thanks Oran for noticing this issue. Just to double check, do you have your graphics drivers and other system drivers updated? These kind of visual effects can be a mismatch with the drivers, but it could be other things as well.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sparck on Aug 20, 2020 wrote:
Thanks Oran for noticing this issue. Just to double check, do you have your graphics drivers and other system drivers updated? These kind of visual effects can be a mismatch with the drivers, but it could be other things as well.
I wrote a rather lengthy response regarding the reasons it is highly likely not to due with drivers, but the wizard101.com bug/glitches of connection errors when you hit submit lost the entire response.

I recorded the camera incident and will link it to the Wizard101Devs Twitter account instead.

Survivor
May 09, 2020
I have had this happen to myself once, and had other team members encounter it twice more. I hope you guys can come up with a solution. I can confirm from my sample size of three that navigating to an active battle ring resets the view.