Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Rescue talent not working

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Is the Pet Rescue talent broken? My understanding is it should only trigger when the player is very low health, but having been slowly killed with DoT attacks many times now, it has NEVER triggered. So either it's not working, or the conditions needed to trigger it are so specific as to make it useless.

I'm quite disappointed. It seemed promising initially, so I hatched it onto several pets. But now it doesn't ever cast..

Administrator
Prince of Shadows on Aug 19, 2020 wrote:
Is the Pet Rescue talent broken? My understanding is it should only trigger when the player is very low health, but having been slowly killed with DoT attacks many times now, it has NEVER triggered. So either it's not working, or the conditions needed to trigger it are so specific as to make it useless.

I'm quite disappointed. It seemed promising initially, so I hatched it onto several pets. But now it doesn't ever cast..
How low in health are you going? It may trigger more often if you get to 5-10% of health or so.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure I was below 10% a number of times. I'll test more in that range and let you know.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Prince of Shadows on Aug 19, 2020 wrote:

Same exact story here.
I got pet rescue on several pets for e prior deckathalon and it triggered a total of one time towards the end of the event. Even more disappointing is when it did go off it brought my health to a whopping 226 (around there) health!

I'll never want to see pet rescue ever again.

As to answering Sparck's query, one's health in deckathalon events can go really low and each dot is another attack on us that could have triggered it each DoT, as it goes even lower and lower. Imagine one's health as under 100, then let's say 70, then 30, then 5, etc.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
31 health, 41 health, 60 health, nope, nada. It doesn't cast.

Please consider widening the trigger window, &/or increasing the rate. It's a cool concept, but as it is now, definitely not worth a talent slot.

Thanks.