Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar Request

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
It is without doubt near impossible to buy rare crafting agents in the bazaar as there are players who buy up these reagents faster than they can be sold. I personally suspect that some sort of bots are being used. It either that or the game is deleting them from the bazaar to make them more rare. Take diamond as an example, my friend sold one for 180 and before I could refresh and buy it, it was gone and my refresh was less than 1/20 of one second.

I request a cool down be placed on bazaar purchases to allow all players equal access to these extremely rare items. This cool down should reflect the number being purchased at one time. A purchase limit ought to also be enacted. For example, maybe a limit of 5 can be bought at one time with a cool down of 5 minutes and a total daily limit of 20 or 30.

This limit will help players acquire the necessary reagents to do their crafting quests which, at this time, are impossible to do. I've had the same quest from Dragonspyre to craft daggers which require 15 diamonds of which I've gotten a whopping 0 from farming and 0 from bazaar. its been 3 months. at this rate, it'll take upwards of 3 years to complete this one quest if ever enough diamonds drop which I doubt.

If you expect people to keep paying to play, then you have to make sure the game is fair to everyone, not just your favorite players and their bots.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The chance of Bots being in the Bazaar is highly possible.

Unfortunately, a Cool Down would not work with bots. Bots can be programmed and any player using one or more bots in the game can easily do a workaround a cool down. It would be a simple matter to have 2 farming in the Bazaar. The instant one went into cool down the 2nd would pick up.

The only way to resolve the Bot issues are to find and block all who are using them.

This is an Exploit and those who create the Bots are not stupid. It takes someone with the ability to write the codes and there are a lot. If you know anyone that is using a Bot, you should report them to KI.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You can't depend on the Bazaar for obtaining rare reagents.

There are usually persons who remain at the Bazaar daily who continuously snatch rare reagents from those who may desperately need it.

This is why many have been advocating for a way to trade reagents between friends, so the Bazaar can be avoided since it is so unreliable.

In the case of Diamond, the best ways to get it is to farm and garden.

When I mention farm, I don't necessarily mean battling mobs, I mean farming areas where Ore generates. Dragonspyre, Vestrilund, Austrilund and Silent Market.

You can also use the Transmute Diamond recipe to greatly assist.

Diego also sells it for 100 arena tickets each.

These plants have chances of dropping the reagent;

• Frozen Fly Trap
  • Burning Snap Dragon
  • Deadly Helephant Ears
  • King Parsely
  • Fickle Pickle
  • Ultra Snap Dragon
  • Ultra Helephant Ears

Good Luck!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I plant frozen fly traps to get diamonds. In the 3 months that you have been attempting it in the bazaar, you could have grown them all. The frozen fly trap does get a lt of pests so put a pixie on it.

Also as Star Edward mentioned, go around and collect ore. Sometimes there is a diamond with the ore.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
I found a better source for diamonds which is the Winterbane Gauntlet which drops one every run, sometimes two. As for the gardening tip, I would never garden any of those plants except, maybe King Parsley because none give mega snacks making them utterly useless in my book.

Also, my son has a King Parsley garden of 32 plants. On average elder harvest he nets, at most, one (1) diamond. He sometimes get one or two more, but more often he gets none. So, forgive me if I take the gardening sources as bogus. A chance to drop means almost never. If it was a promised drop, then I might consider it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
ghowriter on Oct 11, 2020 wrote:
I found a better source for diamonds which is the Winterbane Gauntlet which drops one every run, sometimes two. As for the gardening tip, I would never garden any of those plants except, maybe King Parsley because none give mega snacks making them utterly useless in my book.

Also, my son has a King Parsley garden of 32 plants. On average elder harvest he nets, at most, one (1) diamond. He sometimes get one or two more, but more often he gets none. So, forgive me if I take the gardening sources as bogus. A chance to drop means almost never. If it was a promised drop, then I might consider it.
Different plants will drop different reagents. It just depends on what you need.

Deadly Helephant Ears DO drop mega snacks.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Deadly_Helephant_Ears#axzz4bPfLHapT

King Parsley drops reagents such as Diamonds. If you decide to craft one of the mounts from Aquila, you will need the Ultra King Parsley.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:King_Parsley

The point is, each plant has a reason for its use. If I can't garden for what I need, then I farm for it.

Diamonds can occasionally drop from Ore in Dragonspyre and other worlds that Ore can be found. Ore can also be transmuted if you have the recipe for it.

Every drop in this game is a RANDOM chance to get. At some point, running a gauntlet is going to get boring. This is where I would draw the line. If I am going to farm for something, it would have to be for gear.