Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bringing Life into Pet Racing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Hello fellow wizards! I had a few ideas to share about how to make pet racing well, new again. It feels like in the game, we have lost some sense of community, simply because some of the community-based events (PVP and Pet Racing) are far less popular they were than a few years ago at the game's heights. I'm not a duelist, so I'm not going to pretend to be knowledgable there but I do enjoy pet racing so I thought I'd offer a few tips to see if we can get this treasured part of the game back up and running in a real way.
(Disclaimer: I don't know how feasible some of these would be or not)

New Tracks

Right now, pet racing is limited to basically the first arc's worth of courses. It's gotten dry, people have seen them and done them. I'm not saying that we need like four or five tracks per world, but one or two for each of the Second Arc and Third Arc worlds would be nice. I for one know that I would love to race around in Khrysalis! Pet racing in these places give people that may not want to progress too far in the game, get a look at those outer-lying worlds. And maybe, after seeing Polaris' pet racing arena, they rethink their strategy and say, "Hmm, I may want to keep going".

Pet Racing-themed Event

Right now, there are several events based on different aspects of the game. Gardening, deckathalons, Beastmoon, monstrology and much more. I think a special time of month or week for pet racing would be an amazing idea to get that segment of the game going again. Maybe like Racing Saturdays or Marvelous Mondays, so that people know when they can expect Pet Racing to be the focus. Some rewards for doing it may entice people to get back into a beloved part of the game that some may never have done in the first place.

New Pet Racing Game Modes

(this is probably my most unfeasible idea but I wondered if it could work!)
Buddy up - I am not sure whether you would want it to be two laps or four laps, but have two players that are either in a group already or randomly put together race, and have it like a relay. They pass the race onto the next pet. You only get rewards for the result as a team, though.
Relay - This would be among your own pets, but I think a sensible number would be either two or three. You pick 2/3 pets of your own to race against others, who are doing the same. It would add more sense of chance and people wanting to level up their pets quicker.

I hope KingsIsle still has a special place in their heart for Pet Racing as I do! As well as our lovely community :) Thank you all for listening and I would love to hear your thoughts on my ideas or on some new ones of your own!

Cheyenne StormHunter
Visionary Diviner
Level 130