Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When I press W, I walk forward until I stop holding W.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
I've tried restarting my game, unplugging and replugging my keyboard, and restarting my computer and this is still happening to me. When I click with both left and right mouse or press up arrow, this doesn't happen, only with W. I recorded a video to hopefully further demonstrate this issue.

Administrator
faill on Aug 11, 2020 wrote:
I've tried restarting my game, unplugging and replugging my keyboard, and restarting my computer and this is still happening to me. When I click with both left and right mouse or press up arrow, this doesn't happen, only with W. I recorded a video to hopefully further demonstrate this issue.
That sounds about right, when you hold W you should continue to move forward. It 'should' work for the other options you describe as well though.

You mentioned a video, is it on YouTube?

Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
Sorry I wasn’t super clear, I hyperlinked the video to the words “recorded a video.” If I press W and let go of it, it makes me walk forward until I press something else that makes me walk forward or backwards. Up until yesterday it functioned for me the same way as arrow keys where I would stop walking forward when I stopped holding W. I don’t know exactly when this happened or what could have triggered it.

Survivor
May 22, 2020
Yes it is on youtube, and basically unlike any other key movement, when he “taps” the W key on the keyboard, the key acts as if he’s “holding” it, but he isn’t. I would think there’s a bug with the online keyboard you’re using or the W key on the keyboard itself may be damaged. To be clearer with this post, his W key on the keyboard is pretending to be the “Num Lock” key on the keyboard.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
thewizardbrand on Aug 11, 2020 wrote:
Yes it is on youtube, and basically unlike any other key movement, when he “taps” the W key on the keyboard, the key acts as if he’s “holding” it, but he isn’t. I would think there’s a bug with the online keyboard you’re using or the W key on the keyboard itself may be damaged. To be clearer with this post, his W key on the keyboard is pretending to be the “Num Lock” key on the keyboard.
Yes, sorry I am just now noticing that I titled the post wrong. I don’t believe that it’s a problem with my keyboard as I don’t have this issue with typing or playing other games. The thing that shows the keyboard is a separate program that just shows my keyboard inputs, it isn’t an online keyboard that I use to control the game.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
That happens to me when I press down both Mouse Buttons to walk. When I let go -- it continues to let me keep walking. I have to press another key to make it stop.
Has happened ever since I been playing. Many years.

Scarlet ShadowStone