Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Skintones and Hair Options

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Hello there, KI!

I apologize in advance... this is gonna be a bit long! I just wanted to suggest the possibility of adding more skin tones and hair options to the Magic Mirror! All of the additions that have been made to the Magic Mirror are great so far, but two particular things that have stuck out to me in particular are the minimal hair and skin tone options.

When it comes to the skin, I feel like there isn't exactly a wide range of skin tones to represent the wide range found in real life. As a player with a deeper skin tone myself, I was a bit disheartened by the shade range when it came to the tones presented in the shades of brown.

There seem to be a range of paler skin tones that transition into tan, but the transition from tan to deeper skin tones seems to have missed the mark a bit-- A range of skin tones that transition between the cool-neutral-warm spectrum, I think, would be better suiting to better include the different tones that can be encountered in real life.

Taking into account the different tones that can appear in skin, (Ivory, Almond, Honey, Alabaster, etc.) especially with tan and deeper skin tones, and implementing them into the Magic Mirror could be a nice addition to allow individuals to feel like they are truly represented and can be created as they see themselves in the Magic Mirror!

As for the hair options, I simply think that adding more hair designs and styles gives more variety. I'm aware that some of the more popular hairstyles are available for crowns in the crowns shop, but I genuinely do think that they should be put in the Magic Mirror since they are so popular. Not only would that increase the variety, but it'd add some classic favorites along with potential new styles, truly allowing the wizards seen in the game to all look different from each other and more representative of the player.

I'm not exactly sure how difficult my request would be to carry out, and I'm sorry for the long paragraphs >.< As always, these are just suggestions that I feel could make the game better and improve already fun aspects of the game, such as the Magic Mirror!

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express myself and taking the time to read not only my suggestion, but the suggestions of all us players!

Administrator
MissFortuned on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
Hello there, KI!

I apologize in advance... this is gonna be a bit long! I just wanted to suggest the possibility of adding more skin tones and hair options to the Magic Mirror! All of the additions that have been made to the Magic Mirror are great so far, but two particular things that have stuck out to me in particular are the minimal hair and skin tone options.

When it comes to the skin, I feel like there isn't exactly a wide range of skin tones to represent the wide range found in real life. As a player with a deeper skin tone myself, I was a bit disheartened by the shade range when it came to the tones presented in the shades of brown.

There seem to be a range of paler skin tones that transition into tan, but the transition from tan to deeper skin tones seems to have missed the mark a bit-- A range of skin tones that transition between the cool-neutral-warm spectrum, I think, would be better suiting to better include the different tones that can be encountered in real life.

Taking into account the different tones that can appear in skin, (Ivory, Almond, Honey, Alabaster, etc.) especially with tan and deeper skin tones, and implementing them into the Magic Mirror could be a nice addition to allow individuals to feel like they are truly represented and can be created as they see themselves in the Magic Mirror!

As for the hair options, I simply think that adding more hair designs and styles gives more variety. I'm aware that some of the more popular hairstyles are available for crowns in the crowns shop, but I genuinely do think that they should be put in the Magic Mirror since they are so popular. Not only would that increase the variety, but it'd add some classic favorites along with potential new styles, truly allowing the wizards seen in the game to all look different from each other and more representative of the player.

I'm not exactly sure how difficult my request would be to carry out, and I'm sorry for the long paragraphs >.< As always, these are just suggestions that I feel could make the game better and improve already fun aspects of the game, such as the Magic Mirror!

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express myself and taking the time to read not only my suggestion, but the suggestions of all us players!
Hi MissFortuned!

No worries at all on the length, we love the attention to detail. Some excellent suggestions you have!

We are excited to see so much interest around the new character looks and the Magic Mirror since the changes in the Summer Update went live. The community loves using the Magic Mirror to tweak those final aspects of one's character.

There's certainly room for expansion of its options. We've noted your specific suggestions and are compiling them with other community feedback about this same topic.

Keep the ideas coming, and thanks again!