Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
Loremaster should drop only your wizard's school spells. It is extremely aggravating to spend days grinding out this boss only to be met with a spell that is not your school. Realistically, most wizards don't use spells that are not apart of their school since it takes so long to save up that amount of pips. Please make the drops be school specific. Darkmore and Waterworks both drop school specific gear, so Loremaster should be the same.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Remember we have for example wizards functioning as healers (they'd want pigsie for example).

Off school spells are especially common in lower level PvP.

What would be a nice idea however would be a possibly increased percentage chance for Loremaster dropping school only spells.

Or, the highly requested feature allowing us to transfer learnt spells to other wizards on the same account; of course under strict guidance and rules.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
Star Edward on Jul 30, 2020 wrote:
Remember we have for example wizards functioning as healers (they'd want pigsie for example).

Off school spells are especially common in lower level PvP.

What would be a nice idea however would be a possibly increased percentage chance for Loremaster dropping school only spells.

Or, the highly requested feature allowing us to transfer learnt spells to other wizards on the same account; of course under strict guidance and rules.

Agreed. For example, I got Pigsie on my storm instead of my life. It would be extremely helpful to be able to transfer that spell to my life instead!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
I, as a completionist, grind the Loremaster for all the spells regardless of whether I am going to end up using them or not. However, like the other post has said, some wizards will use spells that are not of their own school. My fire for example has two sets, one for damage and one with 80%+ resist and 99%+ outgoing healing. I didn't want to level another wizard at the time so I have my Fire act as a sort of bootleg Life wizard. In this situation, Pigsie is an enormously useful Life spell on my Fire.

I do think that you should be able to transfer the spells between your wizards. My idea would be to do it in a way similar to elixirs. Whenever you get a spell from Loremaster, it should remain "inactive" as an item in your inventory. This item can be transferred between your wizards via the shared bank and only when you activate it do you learn the spell on that particular wizard. No auction, no sell.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
I get where you're coming from, but I don't support it. For reasons already stated, there are people who want certain off-school spells as well as people who want them for collection purposes. I wouldn't mind raising the drop rate of spells of your own school over off-school onesy, I guess.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
We simply just need a way to transfer spells over through wizards, and multiple problems will be solved from this case :(