Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krokotopia Monstrology

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2016
First off, I play Sean Hexhunter, a level 94 Balance, and I own all seven animus spells accessible to me at this time.

In my quest of completion, I've spent the last three days trawling through every (and I mean every) part of Krokotopia (including Kembaalung Village, and Lower and Upper Zigazag which all appear to be classified under the Dungeon tab anyway, and Ra's Reading Room and Sapoti's Treasure Chamber), and I am getting frustrated.

I have 51 of 53 (which I can only seem to find 51 marked anywhere on any Monstrology Guide online and am beginning to wonder if it's a miscount and/or an error) creatures collected, and I cannot figure out what or where the missing pair are.

According to the wizard101central site, the only two possible creatures in all of Krokotopia that I have not collected are: a) Frost Colossus and b) Spellwrit Stalker.

However, while Frost Colossus is classified as an Elemental/Colossus, it belongs in the thaumaturge/pyromancer level 18 spell quest and is completely inaccessible to me in the first place (and I believe KI already went through and removed those from the creature count in one of their prior updates). And the Spellwrit Stalker, while classed as Elemental/Spellwrit/Colossus, I highly believe would belong in the Dungeon tab, alongside the Spellwrit Ronin and Spellwrit Screamer which I have already collected, and therefore wouldn't be labeled under Krokotopia to begin with.

Am I going insane, did KI miscount the creatures, was there a new animus spell implemented in the latest update, or did I just pull a dumb move and skip over two creatures?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
The latest update did increase the number of extractable creatures per world, but with no new creatures to extract as well as no new spells to extract with. For example, Marleybone, Celestia, and Empyrea all got over 20 new extractable creatures. I think there was supposed to be a Monstrology update but it was just halfway completed. Maybe we'll see them in the fall update?

Community Leader
Unfortunately, at the moment you can only obtain 51 out of the 53 (believe me I checked). It was recently changed from 51 to 53 in the Summer update.

If I were to guess, it seems there are new extract spells that we don't have access to yet. I highly disagree with this action as now (yet again) we can't complete most of the lists.

These are all the creatures you can obtain as of now. The guides are fully up-to-date except for the counts: https://finalbastion.com/w101-monstrology-guides/

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
May 28, 2016
betwixted on Jul 29, 2020 wrote:
First off, I play Sean Hexhunter, a level 94 Balance, and I own all seven animus spells accessible to me at this time.

In my quest of completion, I've spent the last three days trawling through every (and I mean every) part of Krokotopia (including Kembaalung Village, and Lower and Upper Zigazag which all appear to be classified under the Dungeon tab anyway, and Ra's Reading Room and Sapoti's Treasure Chamber), and I am getting frustrated.

I have 51 of 53 (which I can only seem to find 51 marked anywhere on any Monstrology Guide online and am beginning to wonder if it's a miscount and/or an error) creatures collected, and I cannot figure out what or where the missing pair are.

According to the wizard101central site, the only two possible creatures in all of Krokotopia that I have not collected are: a) Frost Colossus and b) Spellwrit Stalker.

However, while Frost Colossus is classified as an Elemental/Colossus, it belongs in the thaumaturge/pyromancer level 18 spell quest and is completely inaccessible to me in the first place (and I believe KI already went through and removed those from the creature count in one of their prior updates). And the Spellwrit Stalker, while classed as Elemental/Spellwrit/Colossus, I highly believe would belong in the Dungeon tab, alongside the Spellwrit Ronin and Spellwrit Screamer which I have already collected, and therefore wouldn't be labeled under Krokotopia to begin with.

Am I going insane, did KI miscount the creatures, was there a new animus spell implemented in the latest update, or did I just pull a dumb move and skip over two creatures?
I'm stuck on 50/53. How did you get to 51? I'm assuming the creature I don't have is Typhon Dustwind, but I have no clue how I can get to him.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Taylorfirethorn on Aug 10, 2020 wrote:
I'm stuck on 50/53. How did you get to 51? I'm assuming the creature I don't have is Typhon Dustwind, but I have no clue how I can get to him.
Typhon Dustwind is no longer in the game. According to Wizard101 Central wiki, the quest he was a part of was retired. I wonder if they will remove him from the list or if the best anyone new will be able to do is collect one less than the max amount.

Survivor
May 02, 2016
Dustwind? He's part of a repeatable instance in the Djeserit Family Tomb called Dustwind's Tomb.

Enter the Djeserit tomb, turn to your left, then to your left again. There'll be an entrance dead-ahead. That's Dustwind's Tomb. He's going to have a Shadow Weaver with him.

G'luck! Lemme know if anyone else is missing.

Community Leader
betwixted on Aug 11, 2020 wrote:
Dustwind? He's part of a repeatable instance in the Djeserit Family Tomb called Dustwind's Tomb.

Enter the Djeserit tomb, turn to your left, then to your left again. There'll be an entrance dead-ahead. That's Dustwind's Tomb. He's going to have a Shadow Weaver with him.

G'luck! Lemme know if anyone else is missing.
Unfortunately, the entire quest line for the Spiral Geographic dungeon has been removed. If you've completed it before, you can still do the battles again, but new players won't be able to.

Not really sure why this happened...

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Old to the game, but new to finishing my tomes.

As an update - My Krok tome now shows 50/50 so they must have adjusted the max number.

As for the Spellwrit Stalker, I do have it in my dungeon list along with Screamer and Ronin - got them during the last occurrence of that event - noting interestingly that the 3 Spellwrit creatures which allowed me to gather animus by type were also the ones which dropped pets of the same name!