Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snowball Barrage Attacks Entire Team!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Hello! This is my first time posting!

Before I talk about friendly fires, I'm completely new to this! I have no idea where this topic about a spell bug goes. Since the story takes place in Winterbane, do I put this topic in the Events and Gauntlets? I don't know, I'm just a novice.

Let me tell you my story. Read the short answer if you just want to get to the point. A few friends and I were doing Winterbane for fun. One of them was a level 130 and another was a level 30 . I was a level 130 . It took me a little while to find a house with Winterbane. We went inside, and everything was fine until we fought Erikur Axebreaker! We had a monstrology minion accompany us, which was the Viridian Specter, even though we didn't need him. Eventually, when I had one pip, one power pip, and one shadow pip, I decided to use Snowball Barrage, and I accidently hit my team with a friendly fire, including myself, which wasn't so friendly! I accidently defeated the young wizard and our computer controlled companion, the Viridian Specter! I didn't hit Erikur and his trolls! I didn't even lay a finger on them! Later, I healed the balance wizard, but the trolls killed him, so I had to end the battle quickly! Wow, what a horrible fight that was. I'll explain more if you need me to.

This isn't the first time I knew about this bug. One of my other friends told me that bug about Snowball Barrage, and I thought the bug was fixed. That bug bugged me.

Short Answer: Please fix Snowball Barrage! At one pip one power pip and one shadow pip, I didn't hit the enemies, but instead, I hit my team!

Edit: I forgot the shadow pip in the short answer.

Administrator
Adventurous Antoni... on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
Hello! This is my first time posting!

Before I talk about friendly fires, I'm completely new to this! I have no idea where this topic about a spell bug goes. Since the story takes place in Winterbane, do I put this topic in the Events and Gauntlets? I don't know, I'm just a novice.

Let me tell you my story. Read the short answer if you just want to get to the point. A few friends and I were doing Winterbane for fun. One of them was a level 130 and another was a level 30 . I was a level 130 . It took me a little while to find a house with Winterbane. We went inside, and everything was fine until we fought Erikur Axebreaker! We had a monstrology minion accompany us, which was the Viridian Specter, even though we didn't need him. Eventually, when I had one pip, one power pip, and one shadow pip, I decided to use Snowball Barrage, and I accidently hit my team with a friendly fire, including myself, which wasn't so friendly! I accidently defeated the young wizard and our computer controlled companion, the Viridian Specter! I didn't hit Erikur and his trolls! I didn't even lay a finger on them! Later, I healed the balance wizard, but the trolls killed him, so I had to end the battle quickly! Wow, what a horrible fight that was. I'll explain more if you need me to.

This isn't the first time I knew about this bug. One of my other friends told me that bug about Snowball Barrage, and I thought the bug was fixed. That bug bugged me.

Short Answer: Please fix Snowball Barrage! At one pip one power pip and one shadow pip, I didn't hit the enemies, but instead, I hit my team!

Edit: I forgot the shadow pip in the short answer.
Hi CalvinSamuel, welcome to the forums!

I have good news, this issue should now be fixed.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
To be sure about the bug (before it was fixed), I tested this in Unicorn Way with a Lost Soul, and I used exactly one of each pip (pip, power pip, and shadow pip). I wanted to make sure because I beguiled Erikur Axebreaker, and in the next round, I used Snowball Barrage, hitting my team by accident. I wanted to be 100% sure before posting.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Thank you so much! This is my first post and thank you for reading it!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Is Halston's Laboratory the message board where I create my topics about bug fixes and changes? I'm still trying to get an idea about where to post my messages.

Administrator
Adventurous Antoni... on Jul 24, 2020 wrote:
Is Halston's Laboratory the message board where I create my topics about bug fixes and changes? I'm still trying to get an idea about where to post my messages.
You've found the place! Halston's Labratory is the section of the forums you can post bugs, issue, and other similar sorts of concerns with the game.

Let us know if you have any other forum questions, and thanks for posting!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Sparck on Jul 24, 2020 wrote:
You've found the place! Halston's Labratory is the section of the forums you can post bugs, issue, and other similar sorts of concerns with the game.

Let us know if you have any other forum questions, and thanks for posting!
You're welcome!