Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where do i farm Iron (reagent)?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I would really like to know where can i farm iron, as it's one of the reagents for the new grizzle spells. :D

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Iron isn't a rare reagent. There are quite a number of sources you can explore to get your hands on some.

Gardening;

All Jewel Plants and also Ultra Dandelion Plants have a chance of dropping the reagent.

Fishing;

The reagent can be obtained from fishing chests in the following places;

• Balance House
  • Amber Estate
  • Massive Fantasy Palace
  • Myth House
  • Storm House
  • Northguard
  • Winter Wind Tower
  • Savarstaad Pass
  • Storm House

Transmute;

The Transmute Iron recipe available from Torald in Northguard also helps immensly.

Mobs;

Iron is common, as such, a number of mobs have chances of dropping the reagent. A few are;

They're also occasionally available at the Bazaar.

Good Luck!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I recommend farming the green Men in Wysteria, or the Death Oni in Mooshu. If these aren't options you're interested in, many O'Leary mobs in Marleybone drop iron, as to the Sokkwi in Krokotopia. Troubled Warriors in Grizzleheim are another option.

If you don't want to farm mobs, then farm Stone Blocks by realm hopping in a place you like, I prefer Dragonspyre Academy or Shadow Palace, and transmute Stone Blocks and Opal to Pyrite and then the Pyrite and Opal to Iron.

Hope this helps!