Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming Couch Potatoes after update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
just curious whether anyone else has had no luck farming for Couch potatoes since the update.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AHClemist on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
just curious whether anyone else has had no luck farming for Couch potatoes since the update.
My grandson and I were farming before the update and the drops were so rare that getting even 1 was so frustrating we have not done anymore. I had started a new wizard on a new account to run with grandson.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
A lot of people have pointed out on Reddit that common mobs to farm for couch potatoes now fill up the backpack more quickly with new, useless gear that gets dropped. It makes a mediocre stitch, but I just with we could feed it to our pets!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
I haven't noticed much of a difference with how often Couch Potatoes drop.

Although I don't typically farm just for couch potatoes either. I'm usually doing something else like gathering animus for monstrology or farming for other things and they just so happen to drop as a nice little bonus.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I have been keeping track of couch potato drops from Ghultures in Mirage for a while now and have not noticed any change in frequency of drops from them.

I get one couch potato seed every 10-20 fights.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I recorded the couch potato drops while farming solo, with one other, and with two other wizards.

I don't know if the drop rate changed since I switched from solo to team farming, if more wizards increases the drop rate, or if I just miscounted for the first 141 battles, but the current drop rate for team farming is great, if you ask me.

One wizard, Two birds/battle:

141 Battles
9 couch potato seeds

Two wizards, three birds/battle:
52 battles
13 couch potato seeds

Three wizards, four birds/battle:

30 battles
7 couch potato seeds

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I got my first couch potato drop recently in Grizzleheim. It took me about 2 hours IIRC. I can't wait to be able to access Mirage for better drop rates lol.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
ImHaydn on Aug 13, 2020 wrote:
I got my first couch potato drop recently in Grizzleheim. It took me about 2 hours IIRC. I can't wait to be able to access Mirage for better drop rates lol.
I wouldn't count on better drop rates. Through the entire Mirage world including side quests, my Life wizard managed to get 3 Couch Potatoes. That isn't a good drop rate.

I farmed in Grizz on both of my first 2 accounts to get a good start on CP. But we were also still getting Double Seeds during Double Garden Rewards so it didn't take long to build up enough for all wizards on both accounts. On my 3rd account, I have 1 CP and grandson finally managed to get 1. The drop rate has seriously declined over the last several years and only getting worse.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Aug 13, 2020 wrote:
I wouldn't count on better drop rates. Through the entire Mirage world including side quests, my Life wizard managed to get 3 Couch Potatoes. That isn't a good drop rate.

I farmed in Grizz on both of my first 2 accounts to get a good start on CP. But we were also still getting Double Seeds during Double Garden Rewards so it didn't take long to build up enough for all wizards on both accounts. On my 3rd account, I have 1 CP and grandson finally managed to get 1. The drop rate has seriously declined over the last several years and only getting worse.
I get one or two couch potatoes from Mirage every single day.

Community Leader
I recommend farming with a team as you get more drops this way which might include CPs. Personally, I was always lucky farming Ghultures in Mirage's Caravan. The drop rate is quite pleasant.

Good luck!

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP