Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
I think it would be great if we were able to change our wizards name. I made some of my characters years ago and the names I thought were cool then are much different than what I think now. I know many of us would love it.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
05mario on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
I think it would be great if we were able to change our wizards name. I made some of my characters years ago and the names I thought were cool then are much different than what I think now. I know many of us would love it.
“It’s on their list”.

This is a very common question, and one that has been asked since the launch of the game. I would very much like to see this too.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I think that we should be able to change our names for like 100k gold at the mirror. Either that or a 1 name change per character.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
One name change per character per account is a much suitable option to prevent any glitches or issues this massive overhaul will cause (since everyone will be altering their names).

Would love to see it within the Fall Update.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I have a few wizards who I am pretty far in the game with, only to realize that I chose a goofy name awhile ago that I don't like anymore. Some people against the name change idea say that "you have to live with the consequences when you first make your character." Granted, I named some of these characters many years ago when I was a child. To delete them and start over just to rename them would require many hours of work. I could also delete them and buy the level elixir, but that would be a lot of money, just to rename a character.

Recently, KingsIsle introduced the magic mirror, which gave us the ability to change our characters look and hair, after we already made our character. This feature made me so happy and it is one of my favorite updates. I originally made all of my characters with the same look, and now I was able to fix that and change my appearance whenever I want.

I now want the magic mirror to be able to change your name. Maybe It'll cost crowns. Maybe you'll only be able to do it once a year. Maybe you'll only be able to change the last name.

Maybe there are programming limitations, and how the names work in this game is in-bedded in programming that would be too much work to mess with, or may not be able to be fixed at all. If that is the case, then I can understand why this may be a feature that would be hard to implement.

I just wanted to let people know that this is a feature that I would love to have happen, and would love to have looked into. Other games and services allow one to change their name, at a fee.

I believe being able to change ones name would be a positive feature, and would create further player enjoyment of the game. We can already change our look, and buy back our training points if we mess up. Our name is another thing that we should be able to change, as our name is a very important aspect in any game. I bet a lot of people, like me, tend to change over the years. "Myth sparklypants" may of sounded awesome to me years ago, but the older me would like a change. Ones name is personal, and is another thing that we can mess up or decide against later on.

Thank you. Any opinions or thoughts or appreciated. Let me know if you would also like to see this feature, or if you disagree with the concept.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The entire community would really like an option to change our names.

Once per wizard to prevent spamming.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2020
I agree with the name idea change. Maybe they can also add a bunch of new names to the game as well. There is a name for a girl wizard named Rylee, but nothing for a male wizard who i would like to call Riley.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2020
This is a great idea if you add it to the magic mirror it would be really cool but the downside is you would confuse your friends so unless you can contact them it will make them probably delete you thou i only have a couple friends so it wouldn't effect me now this is something that has been wanted for years and adding names is a good idea too like the name kenedy should be available my friends name is kenedy and she should be able to use her name same with jackie these names are simple its not to much to add