Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Barn Farm Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I posted a suggestion in the Dorms for Red Barn Farms, please feel free to comment,

I think plant plots should not count against the item limit in a Red Barn Farm.

The way it is setup now, my farm is full according to the item limit, but 90% empty when you walk around in it.

It's a Farm. Why does creating a plant plot count against the item limit?

Frankly I don't really even understand why the tilled fields in Red Barn Farms need plant plots at all, we should just be able to plant the seeds there.

Survivor
May 13, 2019
I agree with you on that, especially with the tilled fields. It doesn't make any sense for us to put the plots down then plant the seeds.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
at least the ones that are, you know, on the ground!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I feel like either plots or plant's shouldn't count towards the item cap in general. I'd be fine with plots counting if plants were free!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
It's the same in the Everafter Village that is another place that plants love. I has 3 huge tilled fields in it. I was completely maxed and had to remove things just to put down the Beastmoon Planters. 6 things as each planter and plant count as an item. The Aquariums are able to hold fish while still registering as simply the 1 item, it would be nice to have plots or planters count as 1 item and not have to consider each plant an additional separate thing. I'm about to get myself a RBF just to keep my plants in but I think it will look a bit silly to have so many fields with no plants in them in the Village.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Agreed!

and if the concern is loss of Brick-a-Brack potions (is that what they're called?)

KI could make it a Crowns Only house or for those of us who already own like 5 of them - make a potion that fixes all 3 of the fields and that potion could be more expensive than simple Brick a Brack. I think, essentially they'd be switching our house with a new one coded differently. But when we do makeovers on our characters all our gear is the same and stats etc. I think something like that would work.

Also, on the topic of potion sales - I'd love to have a potion that made any house a Like too :D

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Sep 18, 2020 wrote:
Agreed!

and if the concern is loss of Brick-a-Brack potions (is that what they're called?)

KI could make it a Crowns Only house or for those of us who already own like 5 of them - make a potion that fixes all 3 of the fields and that potion could be more expensive than simple Brick a Brack. I think, essentially they'd be switching our house with a new one coded differently. But when we do makeovers on our characters all our gear is the same and stats etc. I think something like that would work.

Also, on the topic of potion sales - I'd love to have a potion that made any house a Like too :D
** and just an aside - if they ever do anything to the Farm - PLEASE PLEASE let us lay "flooring" down on the fields.

Some people might do creative stuff with stone or brick courtyards and stuff - all I want to do is lay down the grassy floors where I'm not gardening.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's a thought. In the liked houses, perhaps make it so for every seed you plant, your housing limit goes up by 1. Instead of trying to remove the plots from the equation, just give us an extra slot. This would do the exact same thing. If I plant 400 seed, give me 200 extra slots. Now, I can see a HUGE downside to this in lag. With all of those seeds being animated, the lag to render the graphics could KILL older PCs. So, the next part of it should be an option to shut off seed animation.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Sep 22, 2020 wrote:
** and just an aside - if they ever do anything to the Farm - PLEASE PLEASE let us lay "flooring" down on the fields.

Some people might do creative stuff with stone or brick courtyards and stuff - all I want to do is lay down the grassy floors where I'm not gardening.
And it would be great if they'd bring out "turfs" you could lay on any floor/yard in or outdoors that were the new grasses with tufts and flowers just to add dimension and extra beauty - but the Grassy Flooring would be better than the empty dirt in back and the second front field.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
dayerider on Sep 23, 2020 wrote:
Here's a thought. In the liked houses, perhaps make it so for every seed you plant, your housing limit goes up by 1. Instead of trying to remove the plots from the equation, just give us an extra slot. This would do the exact same thing. If I plant 400 seed, give me 200 extra slots. Now, I can see a HUGE downside to this in lag. With all of those seeds being animated, the lag to render the graphics could KILL older PCs. So, the next part of it should be an option to shut off seed animation.
OMG YES - please!
On both counts.

My computer is fine - but I'd still turn off the animation for the gardens while I'm in it trying to cast my spells. I realize it probably goes against the immersion intention for the game makers but the EMP animation lags FOREVER and the bugs make it hard to see the cursor in all gardens. If the cursor was the only thing moving it would be so much faster and easier to do gardens. :D but then I'd turn them back on, because I love the animations of the plants; they're just so cute.

And
I think this extra slot thing would work. It'd be like micro-mini Brick-a-Brack Potions that didn't cost money and were automatic. But it'd probably use the same system.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Does anyone know the best plant for farming regents? Especially regents that correlate with the Deer Knight, such as DK treasure cards, amber, etc?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
springkid2 on Nov 22, 2020 wrote:
Does anyone know the best plant for farming regents? Especially regents that correlate with the Deer Knight, such as DK treasure cards, amber, etc?
I found a guide for getting the reagents for crafting Deer Knight

https://wizard101folio.com/deer-knight/

Also, I used multiple houses on my highest character and did the math on the max garden I could do at one time - energy wise.

So one house had 3 King Parsley (amber)
one house had had 2 Fickle Pickle (wide range)
one house had 2 Evil Magma Pea (sunstone)
one house had 2 Deadly Helephant Ears (sunstone)

I just did a garden after my energy was full and unequipped the house, then locked it in the backpack. Every other day I did a different house and locked it. Once I'd done all of them, I unlocked them all and continues in circuit. By having multiple gardens going and rotating them it didn't really take very long to get anything I was working on.