Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Has Player Vs Player gotten so toxic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if everyone witnesses this or not, but more often than not I get into matches with players who simply just do not have good manners. Whether it be because you used a certain spell, or more so "set" for them, there is a clear diminishing factor of respect that is no longer present when coming to tournaments, ranked matches, or even some practice matches.

For example, I just played a Round 4 Tournament with against a team with one player who frequently taunted at us; My team did not say much, rather we just played a long with it. It got to the point where both sides of the party started to go at each other with gear/deck setups for no apparent reason, rather just to push each others buttons. the one person on the other side said that they do not care enough to hear what my teammate had to say, so I simply told him that if he does not care enough, just leave it alone and do not respond to him, (hence, I got reported for this right after). When I addressed this to them, they just said that I should "get over it". I'm sure I've already gotten over it, but getting repeatedly reported for a false offense can be bothersome to any player who has been registered for almost 9 years. Wizard101 is a throwback game for me that I like to play around with every now and then when I have the time.

Another clear example of this was when I joined a private 4v4. A player reported me *twice after I used a feint on the storm wizard on the opposing team. See where I'm going with this?

I feel like the reporting utility has become more so strictly about getting back at someone rather than it's intended purpose, and I hope Kingsisle sees this as this spike continues to grow. I hear that they will be addressing PvP Harrassment in the coming update, but how likely this would work outside of the arena is a question we would have to ask ourselves. I've seen players follow each other out of arenas to inspect stats, or even talk bad about each other simply because they could not on the dueling circle.

PvP is a stape of what makes Wizard101 so unique, and it saddens me that it suffers from something such as this. I really do feel that no one enjoys PvP as it used to be.

What do you guys think?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
John BearShade on Jul 21, 2020 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if everyone witnesses this or not, but more often than not I get into matches with players who simply just do not have good manners. Whether it be because you used a certain spell, or more so "set" for them, there is a clear diminishing factor of respect that is no longer present when coming to tournaments, ranked matches, or even some practice matches.

For example, I just played a Round 4 Tournament with against a team with one player who frequently taunted at us; My team did not say much, rather we just played a long with it. It got to the point where both sides of the party started to go at each other with gear/deck setups for no apparent reason, rather just to push each others buttons. the one person on the other side said that they do not care enough to hear what my teammate had to say, so I simply told him that if he does not care enough, just leave it alone and do not respond to him, (hence, I got reported for this right after). When I addressed this to them, they just said that I should "get over it". I'm sure I've already gotten over it, but getting repeatedly reported for a false offense can be bothersome to any player who has been registered for almost 9 years. Wizard101 is a throwback game for me that I like to play around with every now and then when I have the time.

Another clear example of this was when I joined a private 4v4. A player reported me *twice after I used a feint on the storm wizard on the opposing team. See where I'm going with this?

I feel like the reporting utility has become more so strictly about getting back at someone rather than it's intended purpose, and I hope Kingsisle sees this as this spike continues to grow. I hear that they will be addressing PvP Harrassment in the coming update, but how likely this would work outside of the arena is a question we would have to ask ourselves. I've seen players follow each other out of arenas to inspect stats, or even talk bad about each other simply because they could not on the dueling circle.

PvP is a stape of what makes Wizard101 so unique, and it saddens me that it suffers from something such as this. I really do feel that no one enjoys PvP as it used to be.

What do you guys think?
Toxicity has always been a part of the gaming community and am not saying thats an excuse for people to be toxic. The simpliest solution to fixing this issue is a mute option. Just like league you can mute any toxic player or ignore.