Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mount name naming are mounts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2013
why not let us name are mounts we can name are pets but not are mounts

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
So this idea is somewhat vaguely worded so I have a couple questions for clarification.

Where do you want to name them? Name them in our backpack or have a name other players can see?

If the name is only in our backpack, it would seem pointless to me and nothing problematic, as we can name decks. Maybe annoying to KI, as it might make it harder to store the data, but it should only be one variable added of something like ItemRenamed.

If you want other players to see your named mount (Like a chestnut pony named Elmer) I worry it might be a different question of "Where should the name render?" Should it be inside the character? Of course not! But should it replace our badge? Please no! But it will be hard, or in some cases impossible, to see it if it is above our name. And we certainly don't want it to REPLACE our name or overlap it!

The reason we have named pets and can see their names is because they are beside us and can sit nicely there. They have a model separate from us and their name is above their model. It works well. I think the problem of where to render the name is the real thing stopping mounts from being nameable.

Explorer
May 23, 2013
the name of the mount will show up like it dos with are pet