Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Growzone Layer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure if I misunderstood the spell description, but "Prevents magic need for 48 hours" seemed like it would... I don't know... prevent magic need for 48 hours? I cast the spell on my EMP farm and came back less than 24 hours later to it not only having pests, but all the needs it normally has as well. Is this a glitch or does this spell just not work?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Growzone Layer prevents the Magic need specifically, there are four other needs. Evil Magma Peas have Water, Bees, and Music as needs. Growzone Layer doesn't help them at all.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dragonslay3r39 on Jul 9, 2020 wrote:
Not sure if I misunderstood the spell description, but "Prevents magic need for 48 hours" seemed like it would... I don't know... prevent magic need for 48 hours? I cast the spell on my EMP farm and came back less than 24 hours later to it not only having pests, but all the needs it normally has as well. Is this a glitch or does this spell just not work?
Growzone does work to "Prevent the need for Magic" as claimed.

Be sure to check that your spell is well centered on the Plot.

Please remember that each spell only covers 1 need. Not all needs.

Community Leader
I believe EMPs do not require that spell for one simple reason - it prevents magic need. There are 5 type of needs a plant may get (apart from pests) which are Sun, Water, Pollination, Magic and Music.

An Evil Magma Peas plant only develops Water, Pollination and Music needs. Thus, Growzone Layer is not required because it only prevents magic.

What you want to use here is:

from Barley in Khrysalis...
- Monsoon - prevents water for 48hrs
- Bee Hive - prevents pollination for 48hrs
- Wind Chimes - prevents music for 48hrs

from Narley in Zafaria...
- Pest Zapper - prevents rank 1 + 2 pests for 48hrs

Happy gardening!

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
Cody RavenTamer on Jul 10, 2020 wrote:
I believe EMPs do not require that spell for one simple reason - it prevents magic need. There are 5 type of needs a plant may get (apart from pests) which are Sun, Water, Pollination, Magic and Music.

An Evil Magma Peas plant only develops Water, Pollination and Music needs. Thus, Growzone Layer is not required because it only prevents magic.

What you want to use here is:

from Barley in Khrysalis...
- Monsoon - prevents water for 48hrs
- Bee Hive - prevents pollination for 48hrs
- Wind Chimes - prevents music for 48hrs

from Narley in Zafaria...
- Pest Zapper - prevents rank 1 + 2 pests for 48hrs

Happy gardening!
Thank you! I misunderstood the spell description. I thought it meant prevents the need to use magic on your plants for 48 hours, not prevents magic need. Makes more sense now.