Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about pierce jewels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2020
If I have a fire pierce jewel, does that pierce a fire shield or if I use a fire spell it pierces any shield or resist?

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
kestreldawnwiz on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
If I have a fire pierce jewel, does that pierce a fire shield or if I use a fire spell it pierces any shield or resist?
Great question!
Pierce can be combined to "ignore" part of resist AND shields! Pierce will remove the % on the shields, and if you have more pierce than the shield, you will continue to pierce through the persons resist.

For example:
50 shield / 50 resist: You have 60% pierce. the shield will cancel out, and will therefore have 10% remaining which will further remove some resist. Therefore you will end up with 40% resist, instead of the 50% and 50% resist.

50 resist: You CAN remove all resist! You have 70% pierce, meaning you will pierce through ALL of the resist!

Hope this helped!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
kestreldawnwiz on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
Alright, I forgot to add the part where any FIRE spell (damage) will pierce through ANY FIRE shield (universal or fire) and FIRE resist.