Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Place to Get a Critical Ring?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
I'm looking for a good place to farm for a critical ring that won't take me days to get.

At the moment I'm stuck with a 4% damage 72 crit ring and I've been farming Mimic and Fellspawn for the past few days with no luck.

Is there an easier source or am I just going to have to throw myself at these bosses until it drops?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
Dogempire on Jul 5, 2020 wrote:
I'm looking for a good place to farm for a critical ring that won't take me days to get.

At the moment I'm stuck with a 4% damage 72 crit ring and I've been farming Mimic and Fellspawn for the past few days with no luck.

Is there an easier source or am I just going to have to throw myself at these bosses until it drops?
Hi there

What level are you? And can you please provide info on your stats? It would help to give you the best answer for the ring.

Thanks!!

Erin 78 ❄️

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
If you have access to Catacombs (I would assume you do because you're doing Fellspawn), I personally would just craft the dragoon ring for your school. It's the best crit ring out there and the reagents are a lot more reliable than gear drops. It's still a lot of grinding, but I would say you're better off just crafting the ring.
130 130 105 75 72 57 10

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I'd say the most reliable way would be to farm alchemical reagents and craft a vanguard ring, which you can upgrade to Dragoon if you choose. It may not be the fastest way, but at least you'll be able to make progress mostly free of RNG drops.

Community Leader
I'm sorry to say that there is no better source for Critical Rings than the two Bosses you named as of this post. Aphrodite2 does also drop a Critical ring, but it doesn't really compare. Good Luck, maybe I'll see you there!!

Amber

Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
bewareofmagic on Jul 5, 2020 wrote:
If you have access to Catacombs (I would assume you do because you're doing Fellspawn), I personally would just craft the dragoon ring for your school. It's the best crit ring out there and the reagents are a lot more reliable than gear drops. It's still a lot of grinding, but I would say you're better off just crafting the ring.
130 130 105 75 72 57 10
Hey there!

It would be great to know what their level is .... As well as their school. That would help figure out what ring is best for them..

If they're max level, then the paradox ring is what I'd use.

Erin 78 ❄️

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
olistorm77 on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
Hey there!

It would be great to know what their level is .... As well as their school. That would help figure out what ring is best for them..

Erin 78 ❄️
Well seeing as they're doing Fellspawn, I would assume they're max level. And with that assumption, the Dragoon ring is actually better than the Paradox ring for all schools, so Paradox isn't exactly the best option.
130 130 105 75 72 57 10

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
olistorm77 on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
Hey there!

Erin 78 ❄️
Sorry for the late reply

I'm a level 130 life wizard running 124 damage, 30 resist, and 82% crit with my hitter set, I also have a healing set but I doubt that's super relevant.

I'm probably just gonna try craft the vanguard ring instead of deal with the rng.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2013
Dogempire on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:
Sorry for the late reply

I'm a level 130 life wizard running 124 damage, 30 resist, and 82% crit with my hitter set, I also have a healing set but I doubt that's super relevant.

I'm probably just gonna try craft the vanguard ring instead of deal with the rng.
Hello!

Thank you for the information. This helps a lot! Are you trying to achieve max critical? If so, you would need a critical pet. I hope this helps!

Erin 78 ❄️