Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2018
Hi!

I'm a lvl 120 wizard and I have been hatching a pet for my lvl 25 . The problem is, the max will my pet can have is 205. I have hatched 5 times, all with pets that have wills between 250-260. But my pet's will won't change? Each of the 5 times it has remained at 205. The other stats have changed. The starter pet was a Resolute Bloodbat and it has continued to be one throughout all of my hatching.

To be very honest I'm not a very good pet hatcher, so this might just be a misunderstanding of mine, but I am very confused? When I was hatching for my balance I was always able to get the will higher. 205 will is obviously NOT good for stats. Help?? Thanks!

-Autumn SkyEyes 120 & Caroline StarEyes 25

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Are you using your same pet to hatch with different pets?
If so, that may be why you aren’t seeing a change.
You should be hatching and leveling the resulting hatch to adult, then hatching again using the new adult pet.
This transfers talents as well as stats, sometimes a little at a time.
So you may have to continue the process of hatch- train adult - hatch New adult... several times to see results.
Often one stat can be “sticky” and take several generation hatches to finally improve.
Hope this helps and good luck

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Keep at it.

Each stat has a 25% chance at the low or high value, and 50% chance at the average. It can take a while to get lucky, but given enough tries, you will get there.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2020
Hello, I have a level 76 Wizard. I've been thinking of making an wizard. But everytime I try to hatch the Freezing Rain Core, (The pet I want for my ) it just turns into the starter pet. I've been trying to look for help and I am not sure I understand. Something to do with pet parents and traits? I really do not understand.
But someone, please help me.