Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning lvl125 Myth player after a year.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Hi! I'm not sure where to put this, I've never used the form before. But, after a lot of updates, as a returning player, I feel very new. Today, I need some help. I'm not the best at building my gear. I don't do PvP or anything, but, I still want to be strong enough to raid powerful dungeons and do more difficult content.

I was wondering if someone could evaluate my gear and let me know what I could use instead and also possibly how to get it.

My Gear:
Head: Kan Devasi Victor's Hood
Robe: Law of Kan Devasi Vestment (I do know the Victor version is much better!)
Shoes: Dashing Outlaw Treaders
Wand: (120) Sherlock's Eyeglass
Dirk: Dirk of Dimwood Vale
Amulet: Universal Memento
Ring: Royal Guard Signet

Any and all help is appreciated! thank you!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Hat: The Darkmoor hat is still the best damage/resist hat in the game, but if you want to switch to pure damage, the crafted hat (there is a vendor in Nowhere Village for the level 125 one) is the way to go. There's a dropped Cabalist version that's the same exact thing if you would rather farm the first half of Empyrea instead of crafting. At level 130, there's another crafted/dropped hat in the second half of Empyrea, as well as an even better crafted hat in the Catacombs.

Robe: It's a matter of preference between Darkmoor, Rattlebones, and Tenni'syn, but I believe the Quixotic Light Brigade Armor is the best Myth Robe in the game currently. Empyrea's dropped/crafted robes and the one from the Catacombs are purely defensive, and will most likely not fit your playstyle.

Shoes: If you don't mind trading 2 of your resist for 5 more damage, go for the crafted or dropped shoes in parts 1, and then again in part 2. The Catacombs shoes are amazing and you will definitely want to upgrade to those at level 130.

Wand: Most of the best wands are in packs, but if you have access to a Sinbad Gauntlet, I would recommend farming there for a wand. Alternatively, there's the crafted wand from the Arcanum that's almost as good and also doubles as an Energy and Fishing wand.

Athame: Dimwood Vale is still the best.

Amulet: The Universal Memento is still good if you already have a source of Item Mythblade cards (the biggest draw of the Morganthe amulets). If you for some reason want to go defensive, there's a Catacombs wand that is almost as good resist-wise as the Rat amulet, but offers more health and 4-pip AoEs that are slightly stronger than Epic Humongofrogs.

Ring: My favorite ring to use is the one from the plant key boss in the Graveyard (no, not the energy one, but that's also nice to have). You could also go for damage+critical instead of damage+pips. If you do so, the best ring for that is from the Mimic key boss in Aggrobah, that then upgrades to the one from Empyrea part 2 (and then again in the Catacombs).

Deck: Not sure if you wanted info on this as well or not, but the Omen deck is still the best at your current level. This changes at Level 130, as the Catacombs has the new best deck. There's also the deck from the Storm Deckathalon (coincidentally the next Deckathalon to come) that offers up to +10% Myth Damage depending on its tier, but Deckathalons are incredibly gold-intensive and can be very frustrating for some people. I'm a fan of this event but I would completely understand if you don't want to do this.

Community Leader
Welcome back! There is a lot to catch up on for sure ;)

The gear you listed is very decent overall and will get you through most battles. However, if I were you I would level up to 130 and then try to get my hands on gear based on that level.

In case you need to evaluate your options, I highly recommend taking a look at this guide on Final Bastion for Myth gear. It has a lot of the best options (and not all of them are lvl130).

Good luck!

https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-gear-jewels-mounts/wizard101-best-max-myth-gear/

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Cody RavenTamer on Jun 24, 2020 wrote:
Welcome back! There is a lot to catch up on for sure ;)

The gear you listed is very decent overall and will get you through most battles. However, if I were you I would level up to 130 and then try to get my hands on gear based on that level.

In case you need to evaluate your options, I highly recommend taking a look at this guide on Final Bastion for Myth gear. It has a lot of the best options (and not all of them are lvl130).

Good luck!

https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-gear-jewels-mounts/wizard101-best-max-myth-gear/
Thank you so much! I was actually JUST looking at this guide the other day. I will be using it as my main reference for sure! I’m about to hit 130 so it couldn’t have been a better time to see it!