Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deckathalon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2019
Why did Kingsisle remove the option to buy credits in the Deckathalon? It makes it very hard to complete the whole thing with only 3 tries a day.

Survivor
May 25, 2020
I agree. I lost interest in participating in Deckathalon after that change because it feels way too harsh and the amount of work a player has to put into it is not worth the rewards.

The old credit system meant a player could iterate on their strategy as much as they wanted in order to develop the best deck setup. Now you get maybe 20 runs per event and unless you have played that particular schools event before you just do not have the chance to climb to the top of the tower.

It feels like it takes the power away from the player and makes the event inaccessible for many players.

Honestly, feels like the biggest mistake KI has made when it comes to events/scroll of fortune.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
LeFay171045 on Sep 7, 2020 wrote:
I agree. I lost interest in participating in Deckathalon after that change because it feels way too harsh and the amount of work a player has to put into it is not worth the rewards.

The old credit system meant a player could iterate on their strategy as much as they wanted in order to develop the best deck setup. Now you get maybe 20 runs per event and unless you have played that particular schools event before you just do not have the chance to climb to the top of the tower.

It feels like it takes the power away from the player and makes the event inaccessible for many players.

Honestly, feels like the biggest mistake KI has made when it comes to events/scroll of fortune.
Test strategy on one character, then run for points on another.

I like the fixed credits since everyone gets the same chance.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
I stopped doing Deckathalon completely after the new credit system was implemented. I was one of the few people who actually had the top scores for the first Death Deckathalon and got the death hamster, but now it's kind of a joke as you just need 500 points to get the hamsters. The limited credits are just frustrating and half the event is luck based depending on what spells the mobs cast... Hence why I don't do it anymore.