Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few indisputable reasons the school of ice should not be touched

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
Firstly ice is undeniably the worst school for questing it is easily the less versatile, lowest damage by far, and no heals. Ice cannot be complete garbage at pve and pvp. Secondly ice is the only school with no heals automatically placing it at a major disadvantage in pvp, thirdly the average ice has 15-30% less pierce, and damage than other schools with an average of 40% less critical at the highest level of competition, its impossible to have decent stats along with critical for ice as where other schools can have all three categories mentioned above with stats unaffected. The 4-5% extra resist ice receives in comparison to other schools is not a viable argument at all therefore making health the only thing we have which is deserved considered everything written above. This was basic knowledge and disadvantages now lets get to actual spell comparison.

Frost giant is a weaker storm lord.. the function of storm was never to stun people in the first place but then you have it doing 200 more damage than ice with the same effect at the same level and consider that fair. Insane and while bolt 2.5-4k damage for 2 pips, while weaver cannot even do that with a shadow if the ice doesn't have blades. Hammer of thor removes the blade then does damage to enemies, of course, angry snowpig deals damage then takes the shield after in useless fashion. Snow barrage a shadow spell does only 5 more damage than tempest which is gotten at level 38..

Next we have spells like guardian spirit, healing current, and backdraft being given out for the same quest that ice gets a useless remove one tic overtime spell which cost one pip while triage is free.. ridiculous. Both the trash spell in comparison to the others and the disrespect added on with triage. Also clymaclysm does 200 less damage than any other spell at that level with absolutely no compensation whatsoever but of course nobody talks about that.

Also ice has absolutely nothing close to bad juju, medusa stun for two rounds, 4k damage with 2 pips, heal half health everytime you touch somebody, -90% damage to the next spell, the list goes on. The only decent thing in the history of the game the developers have done for ice people can't deal with and are calling it op (weaver) while overall it is distantly the weakest school with the least volatile spells. I hope some people start to understand now how ridiculous the notion is that ice should be nerfed. Also if your argument is ice is on the leader boards, everybody knows the leader boards are easily manipulated and often inaccurate, so the best thing to do would be for the devs to release data on privates which they wont. Also everything listed above are just beginner points I could debate about this for years, and do a comparison to other schools not just storm.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
dardar124 on Jun 15, 2020 wrote:
Firstly ice is undeniably the worst school for questing it is easily the less versatile, lowest damage by far, and no heals. Ice cannot be complete garbage at pve and pvp. Secondly ice is the only school with no heals automatically placing it at a major disadvantage in pvp, thirdly the average ice has 15-30% less pierce, and damage than other schools with an average of 40% less critical at the highest level of competition, its impossible to have decent stats along with critical for ice as where other schools can have all three categories mentioned above with stats unaffected. The 4-5% extra resist ice receives in comparison to other schools is not a viable argument at all therefore making health the only thing we have which is deserved considered everything written above. This was basic knowledge and disadvantages now lets get to actual spell comparison.

Frost giant is a weaker storm lord.. the function of storm was never to stun people in the first place but then you have it doing 200 more damage than ice with the same effect at the same level and consider that fair. Insane and while bolt 2.5-4k damage for 2 pips, while weaver cannot even do that with a shadow if the ice doesn't have blades. Hammer of thor removes the blade then does damage to enemies, of course, angry snowpig deals damage then takes the shield after in useless fashion. Snow barrage a shadow spell does only 5 more damage than tempest which is gotten at level 38..

Next we have spells like guardian spirit, healing current, and backdraft being given out for the same quest that ice gets a useless remove one tic overtime spell which cost one pip while triage is free.. ridiculous. Both the trash spell in comparison to the others and the disrespect added on with triage. Also clymaclysm does 200 less damage than any other spell at that level with absolutely no compensation whatsoever but of course nobody talks about that.

Also ice has absolutely nothing close to bad juju, medusa stun for two rounds, 4k damage with 2 pips, heal half health everytime you touch somebody, -90% damage to the next spell, the list goes on. The only decent thing in the history of the game the developers have done for ice people can't deal with and are calling it op (weaver) while overall it is distantly the weakest school with the least volatile spells. I hope some people start to understand now how ridiculous the notion is that ice should be nerfed. Also if your argument is ice is on the leader boards, everybody knows the leader boards are easily manipulated and often inaccurate, so the best thing to do would be for the devs to release data on privates which they wont. Also everything listed above are just beginner points I could debate about this for years, and do a comparison to other schools not just storm.
You had some good points but you kinda neglected a few facts.

Guardian is no pvp and bad juju got extremely nerfed which it doesnt even take weakness(Does more harm than good). Almost no reason use juju in pvp. Medusa can easily be counter but i would argue myth scion is the real beast that needs a nerf. Efreet I absolutely agree with you. Either way this doesnt justify why weaver shouldnt be nerfed. This spell is extremely overpowered. Personally i dont mind it being 75% but they should have to where it can't stack reduced damage with other shields.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
wakaflame201 on Jun 15, 2020 wrote:
You had some good points but you kinda neglected a few facts.

Guardian is no pvp and bad juju got extremely nerfed which it doesnt even take weakness(Does more harm than good). Almost no reason use juju in pvp. Medusa can easily be counter but i would argue myth scion is the real beast that needs a nerf. Efreet I absolutely agree with you. Either way this doesnt justify why weaver shouldnt be nerfed. This spell is extremely overpowered. Personally i dont mind it being 75% but they should have to where it can't stack reduced damage with other shields.
Did I state anywhere argument they were the same in pvp? Absolutely not, I stated that that the fact that other schools have utility that ice doesn't and get superior spells at the same level contributes to why ice does not need to be nerfed, you completely misinterpreted that point of my argument, therefore making your point irrelevant to my argument there. If explaining why a school is significantly the weakest, cannot heal like every single other school automatically putting ice at a major disadvantage before any pvp match starts, and having the least volatile, easiest counter able, and significantly under powered spells compared to every other school isn't enough justification as to why weaver shouldn't receive a nerf lets dig deeper,

Firstly, I found it hilarious that you commented medusa can be easily countered but neglected that weaver could be just as easily as countered, if not easier. Firstly, ice is one of the schools that has the least overtime spells (2), meaning what? Schools other than storm can counter weaver easily, and storm doesn't deserve too for obvious reasons as stated in the above argument thread, therefore a counter to weaver is clearly just as simple as a counter to medusa, people have the option to counter it but complain is easier right. I could make the argument that weaver is easier to counter because your treasure card deck with overtime spells has a higher %chance of drawing one than your regular deck does of having a stun block. Therefore the people that gave your post a charm similarly to you are clearly.. biased lol. Now that we've established that have already discussed earlier that ice has 15-30% less pierce than other schools at the highest level of play with a 4-6% resistance spread. Say what! you mean you could fire elf my weaver shield that cost a shadow pip off for 2 pips along with my other shields and have 30% more damage than me on your next attack with all of my shields broken and a staggering 14 pips left. Yep weaver really seems op lol.

I have presented one basic reason why it shouldn't be nerfed that consisted the length of your entire argument, I think I have done more than justify why it should not be nerfed, and have 1000 other arguments as well, while you provided not one valid reason why it is "extremely overpowered" the irony lol. You should familiarize yourself with the concept of the "the burden of proof".