Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Needs A Rework (Class Design/Content)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2013
This game is boring and is becoming pay to win and it angers me. They desperately need to rework these quests, change the aoe spells like they did LuLu to speed up fights, add some type of other engaging game play besides kill this mob then collect, then boss... but most importantly, they need to do a level squish and group worlds together. The only in game example of other content are the pet games. Make quests for our Wizards like the maze game or cannon ball game. Of course it wouldn't be the exact same but I just want something different to do while doing the main story line quests or sides within worlds. These mobs aren't "mobs" anymore they are literal mini bosses towards endgame depending on what you fight. Trash mobs are meant to be trash. They need to leave the ruggedness to actual bosses. (there are a lot of events which have you use existing game play which already isn't interesting but I'm aiming at game play that affects the main story line and leveling process)

Examples for a level squish.
- Wizard City: 1-10

- Krok/Marlybone/Mooshoo/Dragon: 10-25

- Celestia/Zf/Ava/Azt: 25-40

- Khry/Polaris/Mirage/Empyrea: 40-55

The next world Wiz releases would be 55-60. The point of having a current world is to do content in THAT world. It isn't meant to be stuck leveling for ever in the old worlds and only spend a few days on the brand new world trying your best to speed through the boring questing and only enjoying the somewhat cohesive story line and pretty cut scenes. You would have the option to start in any world in any order within the lvl bracket and you can switch between the main story quests of each world. You of course would adjust all of the extra worlds and dungeons accordingly and they would have to scale the gear lvls down into groups, rework stats, dmg numbers, spell levels and etc. But I feel like doing this and putting a major effort into reworks would refresh the game which is much needed.

The game play is stale, simple aesthetic reworks aren't enough. They gate spell progression systems behind spending actual money or farming bosses with low drop chances (spellements) with ridiculous returns. If I was actually leveling a low level character, there wouldn't be a time to actually learn the spellements. MOST AREN'T EVEN OBTAINABLE AROUND LOW LEVEL CONTENTwithout spending money.

They need to implement some type of teacher daily or weekly quest for each school with UNIQUE designs fit for each school that can reward you the needed currency in way bigger bulk to upgrade your spells. Maybe like 7 VERY diverse quests for each class totaling to 49 unique quests. Getting a quest that just says go fight a mob and collect stuff is ridiculous.

I even suggested a mastery system for each class where every one gets a new passive or active benefit. This mastery system could be unlocked not by using actual money nor farming resources, but making a VERY UNIQUE lengthy quest line for EACH school probably at lvl 10. You can even break up the different aspects of the masteries into parts and give it gradually as the wizard lvls. Make multiple segments to the lengthy quest line so we can have little side campaigns for our classes.

: Gain "Photosynthesis"; when you heal a target at or below x% health, you apply a small hot over 3 rounds. When the next person (besides the one you just healed) gets damaged, the hot from the earlier target now spreads to that person. This can only bounce up to two times. While your photosynthesis hot is on a target, your healing for that target is increased by x%. Once a target has Photosynthesis, it can not be re-proced until the hot expires.

: Gain "Leech"; All damaging abilities now passively gain leech which transfers x% of dmg as a self heal (includes dots and single target spells but only affects those which don't already have the steal health mechanic) If you overheal yourself, x% of the left over heal is forwarded back as damage to the target/targets.

: Gain "Tome of Synergy"; can now directly control minions and allows you to use minion spells (like a shield for them) in the same round you use normal spells. If no minion is present, you gain an additional spell hand of defensive spells and buffs.

: Gain "Astral Connection"; have the option to attune to the Elemental, Spiritual, or Ethereal Forces each battle. [Elemental] increase storm dmg by x%, fire dmging abilities apply a small dot, base health is increased by x%. [Spiritual] increases outgoing/incoming healing done by x%, single target spells apply a -x% dmg charm, have a x% chance to stun the enemy when using dmging abilities (dots can not trigger this effect) [Ethereal] Changes your dmging abilities that deal balance damage to either lunar, solar, or stellar dmg (would occur at random) The damage boost and resists for the Celestial spells would respect the magic school chart.

: Gain "Polarity"; after you critical, your next odd pip spell cost is reduced by 1 or your next even pip spell cost is reduced by 2. If you use the polarity buff on a positive charm or negative ward, it adds x% to the effect. If polarity is used on a damaging ability, its dmg is increased by x%. Polarity can not stack in anyway but lasts until used.

: Gain "Combustion"; gain an absorb shield that absorbs x% of your max health. When an enemy attacks you, a dot that lasts 3 rounds is applied and a -x% accuracy is placed on the enemy. Only way the shield can be replenished is if you are at full health but can only do so after all of the absorb is used. Once at full health, the shield recharges at a rate of x% per round.

: Gain "Endless Winter"; If hit at or below x% health, you apply a -x% ward to yourself (only can happen once per 3 rounds. If you die, you revive with x amount of health and are immune to dmging attacks for one round. (can only revive once per battle)

I know everything I said is broken, I only put random % as fillers and these mastery ideas can probably only apply to PvE anyway (i'm not a pvp person), but this is the stuff I'm looking for in Wiz. They need to take it to the next level for the players who are putting the effort into this game instead of doing stuff like locking the only myth heal and life 4 pip aoe behind a card pack and pet. KI seriously needs to rethink how the game works whether it's everyday content or creative class design and stop embracing the idea of a pay to win instead of pay to play game.