Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop nerfing Pve

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
Because of crybabies in the pvp section, KI has nerfed a lot of spells that people work hard to obtain like loremaster and EVEN school spells yet to come like Abom judging by the recent uproar in nerfing ice just for pvp.

Even though I agree that some spells deserve to be nerfed, just nerf it for PVP ONLY, don't ruin the fun for pve players like me, I'm not looking forward to abom and future spells being nerfed just for the sake of pvp.

Solution:
nerf spells for pvp only, don't make it affect PvE, revert back changes made for PVE like mana burn and make all balance changes applicable for PVP only. PLEASE

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Piratingboy on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:
Because of crybabies in the pvp section, KI has nerfed a lot of spells that people work hard to obtain like loremaster and EVEN school spells yet to come like Abom judging by the recent uproar in nerfing ice just for pvp.

Even though I agree that some spells deserve to be nerfed, just nerf it for PVP ONLY, don't ruin the fun for pve players like me, I'm not looking forward to abom and future spells being nerfed just for the sake of pvp.

Solution:
nerf spells for pvp only, don't make it affect PvE, revert back changes made for PVE like mana burn and make all balance changes applicable for PVP only. PLEASE
The nerfs to lore master was justified as fair and actual balance regardless if it was pvp or pve. Lore master was way over tune for a balance spell, that was pretty much understood by the majority.

Its PVE what ruined PVP not the other away around because all spells are either acquired through questing or farming (packs excluded) and these two are in pve.

Efreet. Abominable weaver.Shrike. Shift oak are at the top of my list for changes.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
angellifeheart on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:
The nerfs to lore master was justified as fair and actual balance regardless if it was pvp or pve. Lore master was way over tune for a balance spell, that was pretty much understood by the majority.

Its PVE what ruined PVP not the other away around because all spells are either acquired through questing or farming (packs excluded) and these two are in pve.

Efreet. Abominable weaver.Shrike. Shift oak are at the top of my list for changes.
then DONT MIX pvp and pve together is my point. How come storms have the most op spells in pve and no one else complains?? You’re just trying to justify your hate here, the spells used in pve don’t even affect you besides the enemies but they affect you to the point of being unplayable here. Hence if it doesn’t affect you much, why nerf them lmao.

TO KI: Stop ruining pve for others please

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Why is this even an issue? PvE is obviously more needing of strong spells and spells that keep you alive, so a spell like weaver should give the huge shield.
In PvP you aren't going against something with 4x your heath, you're going against someone with relatively the same health and gear as you.
That being said, I don't understand why the developers can't just make certain spells do less/more damage when in PvP and PvE.
For example, Loremaster was completely fine in PvE, but in PvP it was a big issue. If one playing field is nerfed, the other side is going to suffer no matter what happens... Just make it to where the spells are different based on where you go, simple as that.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Piratingboy on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:

Solution:
Hi I agree with you and will always agree with you to be honest I think loremaster got unfair nerfed to be fair I don't really mind mana burn at all since as a balance I thought it was a little to risky of a guessing game to me in rank pvp but it shouldn't matter in pve.

I think that pips remove spell for ice like Lord of Winter also kinda got nerfed with mana burn to be honest it use to take oppents 3 pips like mana burn did.

I'm sorry loremaster got nerfed on damage I didn't really want the damage remove from loremaster at all.

Samantha Max Always be family friendly to others.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Piratingboy on Jun 10, 2020 wrote:
then DONT MIX pvp and pve together is my point. How come storms have the most op spells in pve and no one else complains?? You’re just trying to justify your hate here, the spells used in pve don’t even affect you besides the enemies but they affect you to the point of being unplayable here. Hence if it doesn’t affect you much, why nerf them lmao.

TO KI: Stop ruining pve for others please
Storm having overpowered spells? where, when and how? In what definition can any current spells can be classified as overpowered in pve? Justify my hate? I thought this was the pvp section and surely you must know it affects everyone in pvp other than those who abuses this strategy. Stating pve is ruined because spells are getting adjusted to fit gear ratio is just overly exaggerating. Boss are always gonna be made difficult hence, the direction of such gears accommodating our play styles have been altered to create an atmosphere of challenge.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
TiffanyHex123 on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
Why is this even an issue? PvE is obviously more needing of strong spells and spells that keep you alive, so a spell like weaver should give the huge shield.
In PvP you aren't going against something with 4x your heath, you're going against someone with relatively the same health and gear as you.
That being said, I don't understand why the developers can't just make certain spells do less/more damage when in PvP and PvE.
For example, Loremaster was completely fine in PvE, but in PvP it was a big issue. If one playing field is nerfed, the other side is going to suffer no matter what happens... Just make it to where the spells are different based on where you go, simple as that.
Pve doesn't require stronger spells, it requires better team work beyond level 100+. That's why the gear farming in the catacombs requires more than one player. Let me ask you this why can't i have my swan do the same damage as glow bug in pve? Or a Glow bug gets 3000 base damage instead of 1120? its because all spells have a pip to effect/ damage ratio. It wasn't as issue before because gears were well balance around the spells, and now that we are getting gears that are pushing damage percentage beyond the norms, its only fair that our spells gets adjusted to fit the challenge criteria. Other wise everything just end up getting one shot in pve and it becomes boring.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Aye I finally found someone that sees that the PvP cry babies are affecting everyone including KI's sensitive ears. Somethings need nerf but at least put things to a vote instead of just doing it you know?

Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
angellifeheart on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
Pve doesn't require stronger spells, it requires better team work beyond level 100+. That's why the gear farming in the catacombs requires more than one player. Let me ask you this why can't i have my swan do the same damage as glow bug in pve? Or a Glow bug gets 3000 base damage instead of 1120? its because all spells have a pip to effect/ damage ratio. It wasn't as issue before because gears were well balance around the spells, and now that we are getting gears that are pushing damage percentage beyond the norms, its only fair that our spells gets adjusted to fit the challenge criteria. Other wise everything just end up getting one shot in pve and it becomes boring.
Lmao what are you on about? How does reverting the pve changes affect your gameplay. Like I said, just nerf the pvp section not the pve section. NO ONE has a problem with these spells in pve before? So why are you justifying the pve changes made? Sounds to me like you’re still justifying your hate for these spells lmao, come back here when they nerfed your favourite spells for PVE, privileged

Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
angellifeheart on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
Storm having overpowered spells? where, when and how? In what definition can any current spells can be classified as overpowered in pve? Justify my hate? I thought this was the pvp section and surely you must know it affects everyone in pvp other than those who abuses this strategy. Stating pve is ruined because spells are getting adjusted to fit gear ratio is just overly exaggerating. Boss are always gonna be made difficult hence, the direction of such gears accommodating our play styles have been altered to create an atmosphere of challenge.
I hope you’re joking, storms have the most op damage spells in PVE, mark my words, PVE. And you still want them to nerf pve spells because of the pvp changes like where’s your logic here? Can you not? I’m done

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Piratingboy on Jun 13, 2020 wrote:
I hope you’re joking, storms have the most op damage spells in PVE, mark my words, PVE. And you still want them to nerf pve spells because of the pvp changes like where’s your logic here? Can you not? I’m done
Storms are considered to be the hardest hitters am I wrong? I want my life to hit as hard as storms but i understand that will never be the case due to what role my school i categorized under. We can't all have what we want sadly and its best to just stick with the program and alternate between everything else.