Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Wizard Secondary School(s)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2019
Hello all! I'm a new player to the game and looking for recommendations for my Storm wizard's secondary school. I was told best options are Life until Satyr, Death until Feint, and Ice to Tower. Three separate opinions. What do you guys suggest I choose? I'm trying to save points for the other schools further in the game.

As a benchmark, I went death so I could get Feint but I'm not there yet in terms of level. I have a cool hat from the Crown store that gives me the tempest skill and so far I've just run Stormblade, pass until I have 4 or 5 pips and hit Tempest and everything goes bye bye.

However, I'm thinking about swapping schools because Feint, while it is great, I believe it puts a hit on you the caster so that had me a tad concerned. Maybe Life and Death schools together? What about Balance? Doesn't it use a multi-blade I could benefit from? Looking forward to your answers. Thanks!

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
One thing I've figured out about Feint is to cast it first or last. If you cast it first, cast it on the boss. The first spell the boss hits you with isn't normally (at Dragonspyre level or below) going to be something that's going to hit too hard, so you'll trigger the self-cast shield and the larger shield will still be on your boss (an exception to this is if you are doing Barkingham Palace at around level 40 - do your homework on the enemies here, I learned the hard way there's an enemy that will flip your feint shields around so they have the lower one and you have the bigger one). If you cast it last, make sure you have enough pips to nail everything on one hit (which isn't normally a problem if you're using tempest).

That being said, as a perpetual re-roller, I've played every class more than just a few times. Personally my current character is death (again) and I've gone ice to tower shield with her. I don't personally find life is necessary with a Death school character because you can already heal with your spells. Tower shield combined with Death shield before hitting with a Sacrifice can heal very effectively (even if it is maddeningly annoying to accidentally trip my blades in the process!)

If you do a Life character with death school spells, however - I would definitely recommend getting death school spells as an addition to the spells you get in the life school. Life doesn't have many hard hitting spells. So I would take Death all the way up to Feint (if not beyond, but that's entirely your choice).

(I tend to solo PvE, so these recommendations are based on that, mind you.)

Balance is pretty balanced, hence the name. You don't need life spells because you have some really nice healing spells, but Feint is something I would recommend. I get bored with balance personally because it seems slanted until higher levels toward elemental damage spells, and I find myself casting the same thing all the time (which is also a problem with Life school unless you diversify).

The multi-blade you're talking about are two spells: 1. Elemental Blades and 2. Spirit Blades. Balance gets these spells for free, other schools can get them for 1 pip each in their 20's level wise from Niles the Balance Tree in Krokotopia. I always get these blades depending on what type of character I have - Death school, Life school and myth get Spirit blades, and Fire, Ice and Storm get Elemental blades. It also helps when you have these blades if you get treasure cards of the same set of schools. For example, as a Death character, I'm going to lean more toward getting treasure cards that are Myth and Life because I'm already putting a Spirit blade on my enemy, and if I have these cards at the ready, I can enhance my treasure card's damage hit without having to cast another treasure card blade spell to enhance them.

Hope this helped!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2019
That was a lot of words, so I'm definitely going to have to process this over if I ever, I mean when, make a death or balance student. Currently, I have Life, Ice, and Storm wizards. For my Life, I was suggested by many to go death until Feint, Ice until Tower Shield, and save the rest of my points for astral schools. Would you too suggest that?

And also for a Storm wizard, should I focus on tons of damage or slow down and pick up a couple heal spells? I've looked into what heal spells I will eventually get and they look decent, but very RNG based. What do you suggest here?