Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game difficulty for solo play feels unfair.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2015
So this is getting harder and harder to eat up but can someone explain to me why is it that when you enter a dungeon as one person you are set to fight 1 minion but if there are 2 players the difficulty does not increase at all, this is so unfair because the game straight up tells you you're fighting a fight that you are not meant to win....you as a single player face difficulty meant for two players, this only makes things 1.Very easy for a team of two+ players to take down most of the bosses and 2. Very hard for a single player to actually do something.
Why can't it be just the boss alone for a single player? It's really annoying I come from Europe so I don't get peak times often and I'm stuck soloing most of the casual bosses asides from the long runs. Currently in Azteca I have full waterworks set a good pet with two healing procs and spell proof and another damage trait and I still struggle against some normal bosses that don't even cheat. I am not talking about the long dungeons that take about 30 minutes here it's perfectly fine if those you are meant to team up with so you can't really solo them, but about the normal 20-50-100 bosses you have to fight in between....

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The game is intended to be multi-player. Most of the content can be done solo, and some has to be, but there are some bosses and instances that are very difficult alone. The 'team up' option was introduced to help with that.

It's always good to find some friends, in game, here, or on official fan sites. Wizard101 central has a "meet up" section. I understand the trouble if you are on at odd times, but these days it is a global community, so someone should be around. Best of luck!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
GuardianOfPie on May 22, 2020 wrote:
So this is getting harder and harder to eat up but can someone explain to me why is it that when you enter a dungeon as one person you are set to fight 1 minion but if there are 2 players the difficulty does not increase at all, this is so unfair because the game straight up tells you you're fighting a fight that you are not meant to win....you as a single player face difficulty meant for two players, this only makes things 1.Very easy for a team of two+ players to take down most of the bosses and 2. Very hard for a single player to actually do something.
Why can't it be just the boss alone for a single player? It's really annoying I come from Europe so I don't get peak times often and I'm stuck soloing most of the casual bosses asides from the long runs. Currently in Azteca I have full waterworks set a good pet with two healing procs and spell proof and another damage trait and I still struggle against some normal bosses that don't even cheat. I am not talking about the long dungeons that take about 30 minutes here it's perfectly fine if those you are meant to team up with so you can't really solo them, but about the normal 20-50-100 bosses you have to fight in between....
I certainly wish cheating bosses would chill a little bit when there's only one person fighting. Especially cheating bosses with THREE minions against one wizard.