Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Doomsday Krok] I've never been so disappointed in my entire life.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2019
[Spoilers Ahead]

Let's discuss the doomsday krok gauntlet shall we? So for those of you unfamilar the W101 discord i invited people (and still am if you're interested) to add me so that they could farm this laughable doomspit of despair only for not even an hour to pass and they're telling me that the gauntlet drops are disappointing to say the least.I try this for myself and they speak no lies.Ranging from petty snacks to useless athames (IF you get that lucky) this visually stunning disappointment doesn't stop there as the final boss is practically unbeatable unless one posses an AOE and a strong one at that.Failure to kill this monster upon first try results in the creature (when it does die) reviving along with any minions you killed along with it and adds insult to injury by summoning a new minion. Attempts to debuff/Trap the creature may result in this beautiful monstrosity casting your debuff back at you and then attacking you shortly after(feint users beware).This is all in the same turn then.Not recommended to users without a powerful AOE and not noob friendly despite having extremely poor drops.

In conclusion: I regret buying this gauntlet but im glad i did so other people don't have to as i personally feel it is quite the waste of money but if you disagree that's fine too. This is the fist gauntlet ever that i've grown to hate with a dear passion. If there ARE any decent drops please do let me know but at this point in time i don't think they're worth trying to get.

TLDR version:Visually stunning , Intriguing storyline , stupid final hard boss if you're a noob or dont have an AOE and mortifying drops.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2013
I totally agree with all you've said, and would add that the final boss fight is (bizarrely) easier for wizards whose level means they take on the gauntlet at Tier 5 as the final boss doesn't spawn minions at any point of the fight. Final Bastion reported this and I've found it to be true. Let's hope that isn't a bug tat KI fix as it would mean I'd never play this gauntlet again. At present I am prepared to run it again a few more times, just to see if some of the drops do get better.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I regret that I have to agree that this Gauntlet is grossly lacking in desirable drops.

Granted I have only been through it once and have hopes that it may improve on drops with repeated plays, as some dungeons seem to be. But to award 1000 gold and a level 3 pet snack AND NOTHING MORE for the final fight is insulting to my level 120 wizard. My partner, a level 130 Storm, didn't even get the 1000 gold.
Neither of us obtained any of the gear or anything of the value one would expect from a five battle gauntlet.

In my opinion, gauntlets that you either have to pay cash for, or purchase crowns to buy the packs so it can be crafted should have better drops.

It a nice option to craft the gauntlet. It cost me 26,000 crowns for the packs so I guess I got a $13.00 discount from the cash purchase price - if you buy crowns when on sale.

In my opinion drops are what motivate players to purchase or craft gauntlets. The drops are not a real physical item, they are a virtual game item and do not really cost the "game owners" anything to generate in a program. If the "Game owners" want to sell more gauntlets they should provide a virtual drop that benefits the purchaser and players.

I for one, will not spend any cash or crowns on any other gauntlets until the drop rate reports drastically improve.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
I agree. The Formula that Kings Isle has used in the past to make it a successful enterprise has been disappearing from Wizard 101, with the creation of gauntlets like Doomsday Krok.
It would be extremely helpful if Kings Isle showed their customers they really want to continue to be a profitable, thriving company, by listening to customers and continuing to make products in the ways that made them successful in the first place.
Kuddos to the artists, writers and programmers and anyone I left out. The story line was pleasant and entertaining, and the graphics are awesome.
The total lack of drops at the end is a Tragic Fail of the responsibility of the maker of this gauntlet.
I hope KI has a method of fixing this. I am sure a Lot of Work went into the creation of it.