Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scroll of Fortune Points Loss and Compensation

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Final 5/20 Update: We are continuing the process in recovering your Scroll of Fortune points and for some accounts the purchase of the Scroll of Fortune itself.

Everyone that had earned at least one point up to 500 points since May 8th was granted 500 points. We were not able to award the exact amount you had lost, so some of you have received more than what you had originally acquired to ensure everyone has the minimum back.

For the folks that lost more than 500 points, you also received the above 500 points as well as all the points you expected to have recovered.

Recovery includes the scroll itself if you previously had one.

There are a few outlier accounts we are working on yet to award the proper amount of points.

As a bonus, any rewards you’ve already earned will be awarded a second time. The exceptions to this are the Wysteria Villa Housing Recipe, the new teleport particle, and the new emote, as those are all limited to one per character.

Our apologies for this issue and thank you again for your patience as we worked on a resolution.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Hi Admin,

Before a maintenance happen, i was at Tier 3 in getting the 50 Lunari, now after i came back from a maintenance update of the game, im back to square 1 of Tier 1.... why is this happening...... Im working hard for those points..... Can this be fix?

Administrator
Autumn Legendflowe... on May 15, 2020 wrote:
Hi Admin,

Before a maintenance happen, i was at Tier 3 in getting the 50 Lunari, now after i came back from a maintenance update of the game, im back to square 1 of Tier 1.... why is this happening...... Im working hard for those points..... Can this be fix?
This is part of the points loss described above. We're working on a resolution! Our apologies about the surprise drop :(.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
I'd like to mention that prior to this update I had purchased the premium Scroll of Fortune upgrade, however it has now been revoked alongside the point loss. Presumably this will be reinstated with the aforementioned fix?

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Sparck on May 15, 2020 wrote:
Final 5/20 Update: We are continuing the process in recovering your Scroll of Fortune points and for some accounts the purchase of the Scroll of Fortune itself.

Everyone that had earned at least one point up to 500 points since May 8th was granted 500 points. We were not able to award the exact amount you had lost, so some of you have received more than what you had originally acquired to ensure everyone has the minimum back.

For the folks that lost more than 500 points, you also received the above 500 points as well as all the points you expected to have recovered.

Recovery includes the scroll itself if you previously had one.

There are a few outlier accounts we are working on yet to award the proper amount of points.

As a bonus, any rewards you’ve already earned will be awarded a second time. The exceptions to this are the Wysteria Villa Housing Recipe, the new teleport particle, and the new emote, as those are all limited to one per character.

Our apologies for this issue and thank you again for your patience as we worked on a resolution.
Thanks for quick info on this! Saves me from trying to figure it out!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
I actually purchased a scroll but i logged in, and all of a sudden it tells me that i have to purchase a spring scroll.I also lost points which i know that you are working on fixing, which i am grateful for.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
My fire wizard (Rowan Ash) has also experienced this problem - purchased Spring Scroll of Fortune on 05/09/2020.
It is no longer actively open for the crown awards items.
However my life wizard (Rowan Storydreamer) that purchased it when first available, and completed to last award, is fine - all items green but some I have yet to click on to collect.
Thank you for being aware of this "bug of many bugs" and working to restore things to a bug free environment.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
I, too, completely regressed almost 1000 points and no longer have the spring scroll of fortune I paid for. I'm also worried that the points I accumulate today will not go towards my total IF this issue is resolved.

Note: I also checked my Spiral Showcase and that has gone down all the way to zero from about 400...ugh

Survivor
May 08, 2020
As title says, my progress in the Spring Scroll of Fortune was completely reset. I went to claim my tier 2 reward today and I'm back at the start of tier 1! Is this normally how this works? I've been working so hard to hit the goals, I'm very upset.

Survivor
May 08, 2020
Is there some kind of record regarding which players this is happening to so you can make sure everyone is compensated? This happened to me too and I want to make sure I don't miss out on some kind of sign up to get my stuff back!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
Oh no! I was so close to getting the Sprig of Spring on my Life Wizard

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
I just logged in to see that i was on tier 3 when i was at tier 7 what is going on this is crazy! very sad

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I lost over 2,500 points but should I submit a bug report of a ss of my points before the reset happened?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
All I needed was just a couple more days of grinding to get the fairy jade jewel

Administrator
Moira1996 on May 15, 2020 wrote:
I lost over 2,500 points but should I submit a bug report of a ss of my points before the reset happened?
No need, we should be able to properly award you back all those points once we announced the next steps for recovery of points.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
What's going to happen to the points that we earn today? Will it combine with the rest of our points that we have already earned?

Survivor
Apr 17, 2020
This is part of the points loss described above. We're working on a resolution! Our apologies about the surprise drop :(.
i need that now men you didnt take that long for take my cronws

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I'm so sad! I was one day from completing the scroll! One day - now I am over a week away. I am glad you guys are on it though. I thought I was losing my mind!
Kiera

Survivor
Jun 20, 2018
I think I speak on behalf of everyone that we would like a tier skip where we get a full row tier rewards or something similar. Please give us a compensation for our troubles. Another question will I be able to do today’s points and will they be added ? Once the points have been added.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
No need, we should be able to properly award you back all those points once we announced the next steps for recovery of points.
Alongside the recovery process, could we see some form of compensation in the form of an extension? Also, will our current points that we obtain from the Spiral Showcase event be tacked on to these adjustments once they happen? I didn't accept all of my rewards for my scroll of fortune yet, so I'm just hoping this will all be factored in so I continue progression and am able to accept rewards.

Please let *me* (us) know, and thank you for acknowledging this issue!

Administrator
5/15 Afternoon Update: As you may have guessed by now, the recovery process for your SoF points is not a quick fix. Our team is continuing to work on a resolution that will ensure points are awarded properly to all affected accounts.

Solid progress is being made, however, a final resolution won't occur until after this weekend. We'll update you here as soon as possible on Monday.

Thanks again for your patience!

Administrator
Nachi21 on May 15, 2020 wrote:
What's going to happen to the points that we earn today? Will it combine with the rest of our points that we have already earned?
They will still be on your account as normal. The points we recover back will all be additive.

Administrator
If you lost the the actual Scroll, don't fret. The scroll will be replaced, as will any points you accrue over the weekend will then be applied upon return of the scroll.

If you acquired rewards through the Scroll of Fortune event, those rewards will also be replaced in addition to recovering your points.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
As long as it's getting worked on

Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
Before I realized what happened with the Scroll of Fortune, I purchased another Scroll on my account. Will I get my crowns back that I spent or are they just gone?