Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not in the spirit of PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2018
I just battled someone called Chris Darkdust. The entire hour long battle consisted of nothing. He hit a total of two times. Just used the death spell that did some damage to him and gave me a -90% then he would heal. The entire strategy was just make me so board I would flee. He even had to reshuffle. This isn in the spirit of PvP and should not be allowed. It's ridiculous for those of us who want to have fun PvP. His warlord status should be stripped, he definitely didn't earn it.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2019
Sounds like a sort of fatigue deck to get people he is against to run out of cards.

PVP is simply player vs player and if the game allows the strategy it is valid and needs to be worked around.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
carrotsmitchell on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
I just battled someone called Chris Darkdust. The entire hour long battle consisted of nothing. He hit a total of two times. Just used the death spell that did some damage to him and gave me a -90% then he would heal. The entire strategy was just make me so board I would flee. He even had to reshuffle. This isn in the spirit of PvP and should not be allowed. It's ridiculous for those of us who want to have fun PvP. His warlord status should be stripped, he definitely didn't earn it.
what level were you and him?

Survivor
Oct 02, 2016
The dude definitely earned warlord. He beat you mentally and outlasted whatever type of offense you attempted to put up. Many different games/sports use this type of strategy such as basketball... run the clock down, boxing... punch and run away, soccer... pass and play keep away. It's a legit strategy and if you want to counter it you should add more cards/ put reshuffle in your deck. I get that it stinks that one person has ruined your one size fits all deck but that's just the way it is.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Nextgenpowerblast on Apr 30, 2020 wrote:
The dude definitely earned warlord. He beat you mentally and outlasted whatever type of offense you attempted to put up. Many different games/sports use this type of strategy such as basketball... run the clock down, boxing... punch and run away, soccer... pass and play keep away. It's a legit strategy and if you want to counter it you should add more cards/ put reshuffle in your deck. I get that it stinks that one person has ruined your one size fits all deck but that's just the way it is.
You seem to be forgetting there's counterplay in soccer, basketball, etc. Eventually, unless it's at the very end of the game, the ball has to go back to the other team so they can have a chance at scoring. What was described is the top-of-the-3rd-age-meta juju spammer with a changed strat so they don't kill themselves via juju. There is no counterplay, especially in turn based where nobody can be caught off guard. "Strategies" like these just are not fun to play against - OP noted that he just sat there for an hour doing this over and over until OP got bored and fled. Keep in mind Juju puts a -90 on you, and while it is a lot easier to clear it now that it's turn based it's still a nuisance to deal with. You have to pull your wand hits, shift spells, etc that don't use up your blades or traps which is already very rng based and can screw you over, and then after that you have to hit him fast when he heals. Even still it's nearly impossible to kill him because when you hit without the juju, it's more likely than not into a set shield, and then he just heals it back off. People using this strat also typically use jade gear which is highly pay to win and annoying to play against. I'd advocate for it to be removed from PvP entirely from pre-100 and then probably limited to one piece post-100.