Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Changes Spring 2020

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
Hello everyone!

I hope you're all safe and healthy during this quarantine! With May just around the corner and a brand new Spring Update in full effect, the way we make pets has changed. The general problem that people dislike first and foremost are the gold prices and the kiosk. From what I gathered about the devs logic is that obtaining good pets should be difficult to obtain. While I agree with this logic, in my own personal experience obtaining the pet that I wanted was ALREADY difficult. They say to just use 2 adult pets, but in my own personal opinion, that is simply unrealistic in my own eyes.

Don't get me wrong, they did do some stuff right: Pet Mastery and being able to skip games, hatching eggs with gold, some pets being able to insta hatch, and being able to play as our pets with the trade off being: more xp needed to lvl up pets, longer hatching times on some pets.

This thread is not a thread to just complain, no, this thread is a way to offer potential middle ground between the wants of the players, and the vision of the developers.

Here is my own proposal: The Kiosk prices go down to 70k max, and 55k minimum for Ultra/Mega/Epic pets. In The Hatchery, in person hatches (self or you + player) are half price regardless of age. Additionally, in person hatches could have a 1 hour cool down for members or 12 hours for non-members, while Kiosk is the regular 12 hrs or 24 if non-member.

This way, Kiosk prices are still relatively high, but not impossible or too punishing. There is little to no drawback from hatching in The Hatchery, so players might be more open to the idea of hatching with other players.

What're your guys' thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticisms?