Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When does kingsle want to make pvp fair???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2020
This pvp system is really bad, im playing since 2011 on german servers ( they are dead so i started here)

resistance / life points/ attack / crit / Level should also be assessed and not only the level and few level diffrences are of no use if the other person has 70% resistance.

ive asked the support, they dont care about this problem

Its a big mistake in a good game and i srsly cant understand this

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Survivor
Sep 25, 2019
Man. I went second 31 times in a row. as a life. My luck is HORRIBLE on this game. I go second to mob, pvp, beastmoon. Anything its really really annoying. I have the same damage and pierce as a normal ice. She did 6k with a lord of winter. I do around 2.8k with a PILLAR a shadow pip spell which does more than lord of winter. pvp is really R N G. going first yours basically dead. Predicting someone moves can be hard. A life used efreet on me frm first. a myth double medusa into a super nova. and did 9k there is no countering that from second at all. especially with a deck fail. I think turn based needs to be turned ON immeditaly. dont even wait for spring update. its dumb and stupid. Idk maybe its just my luck? but its ridiculous going second 31 times in a row and staying the same exact rank in the process. I never had such horrible luck in my life b4. It honestly makes my blood boil

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
Devs have mentioned on Twitter that PvP overhaul is soon.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2016
Wizard101 is not an Esport. Since it's not an Esport, balancing pvp is not the #1 priority of the game. (main source of income is not the viewship/sponorship of watching pros or teams compete). This game does not include weekly or monthly patch notes dedicated to buffing and nerfing abilities such as League of Legends. Most mmorpgs aren't Esports because gear, stats, and levels already put players at an uneven playing field to begin with.

Wizard101 is a kids game. It's supposed to be easy to learn so you can have fun immediately. This means Kingsisle makes it easier for people to understand how to win matches (rng) but harder to figure out how to lose them (how to counter the rng). Not having any complicated mechanics such as a mix of percent and base damage on spells or dealing true damage to an opponent is to make combat easy for kids to understand.

Based on the history of this game, your best bet to ask for a buff nerf or change for anything is when test realm is out. Once something hits live realm it takes months or years for a change to occur unless there is a blatant exploit in the game.

Wizard101 is the most fun mmorpg I ever played. If you want to play a Esport card game, try Hearthstone. If you want to play a ranked system that tries to balance itself often, play League of Legends.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
nogops12 on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
Man. I went second 31 times in a row. as a life. My luck is HORRIBLE on this game. I go second to mob, pvp, beastmoon. Anything its really really annoying. I have the same damage and pierce as a normal ice. She did 6k with a lord of winter. I do around 2.8k with a PILLAR a shadow pip spell which does more than lord of winter. pvp is really R N G. going first yours basically dead. Predicting someone moves can be hard. A life used efreet on me frm first. a myth double medusa into a super nova. and did 9k there is no countering that from second at all. especially with a deck fail. I think turn based needs to be turned ON immeditaly. dont even wait for spring update. its dumb and stupid. Idk maybe its just my luck? but its ridiculous going second 31 times in a row and staying the same exact rank in the process. I never had such horrible luck in my life b4. It honestly makes my blood boil
going 2nd 31 times in a row is statistically improbable. and as a life? Dude you got lord of wintered. Not scion'd Not weavered, you got lord of wintered? What did you do the whole game PASS? Dude it's definitely not luck. Life has the 2nd most win percentage and for a reason. If you're losing 31 times in a row I think you need to rethink anything you're doing as a life, reevaluate your gear and practice against someone. Turn based will definitely not help YOU win.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
If resist is a problem that i see most complain about.

Most higher lvls i see gear Crit and damage as high as they can problem is the trade off is giving up pierce so add shrike and infallible to you deck to offset.

or lower crit and damage some gear toward more natural pierce.

people especially DD ie.. storms want it all and complain alot high crit high damage high pierce while having other schools nerfed.

Plan out and try different strategies and gear setups no one is unbeatable just takes some thought.

have fun all