Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hear Me Out, Kingsisle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
Wizard101 has been around for a LONG time now.

It's gone through many transitions and has done a lot of experimentation in terms of game content. The quality has gotten a lot better (graphic wise) and I've seen some additions that many people can take advantage of regardless of membership status.

Which brings me to the point of this post: It's time to make more of the spiral available to free-to-play players.

If you want people to spend more money on your business, you should give them a bigger taste of what's in store for them in other worlds. People have said you should make Wizard City free for YEARS so they can decide whether or not they want to continue playing. If everything is stuck behind pay walls, it's not going to draw them to pay for a membership if they're not financially stable & can't afford to pay that fee every month / year. Life happens. Things can change drastically. Some of us want to escape from reality & it's harder to do that when you're being asked to pay either a monthly fee or a yearly fee or some of your crowns you might not get more of for a long time. I had to cancel my membership because I can't afford to pay that price every year anymore. Even if you decrease the amount during the yearly membership sales. We're kinda tired of you guys doing more crown shop events / crown locked bonuses ("You have to spend __crowns in order to get this premium item!"). It's also gotten a bit ridiculous how you've pushed more crown shop purchasing instead of teasing what the next world is going to be in a new quest or a new video online.

MAKE THE GAME MORE ACCESSIBLE TO LOW-INCOME PLAYERS!

I hate saying things like this but I think it needs to be said that there are a lot of people who can't afford half of the stuff you're selling to us. The little monthly purchases add up to a LOT of money. The bigger purchases drain your money faster and you won't give us a BREAK.

Chill out with the crown shop. Chill out with the crown shop events that tempt you into buying more crowns in order to get an item in a loot box system that you might not get at all. Focus on putting out more content and make more of your content free across the board and people will buy memberships if they want to support you.

But from the bottom of my heart: Consider this time of distress and anxiety in our OWN real world and give your players an easier outlet that doesn't require putting them into financial debt.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2019
I think life needs a HUGE buff and fire and ice needs a HUGE nerf. A fire with decent stats can do 4k with a efreet. without a crit and then gives -90 weakness. I think for pvp it should be -50 or something. and abomb is such a spamable spell with allot of shads. the shield should be -60. Now with life the strats are so predictable. we have to rely on spiny into a shad hit which is so predictable. and spamming weaver doesnt even work anymore without a crit. and life dont have much crit gear for pvp. wings of fate needs to not be a heal overtime. forest lord is doing more than wings of fate and we have to wait 58 levels for ONE aoe and then wait 100 more lvls for a aoe that is absoulte GARBADGE or spend 60k crowns for a pack. very unnessary. I believe seraph should've just been a aoe. or even centaur. I actually tried using wings for mobs. I have 4 blades 125 damage and a crit. I was doing 2.6k a round. then we get lamassu which makes no sense to even use for mobs I hope yall see this and take heed. because you dont seem to do it for NOTHING else.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
RainSiren on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:

It's gone through many transitions and has done a lot of experimentation in terms of game content. The quality has gotten a lot better (graphic wise) and I've seen some additions that many people can take advantage of regardless of membership status.

Which brings me to the point of this post: It's time to make more of the spiral available to free-to-play players.

If you want people to spend more money on your business, you should give them a bigger taste of what's in store for them in other worlds. People have said you should make Wizard City free for YEARS so they can decide whether or not they want to continue playing. If everything is stuck behind pay walls, it's not going to draw them to pay for a membership if they're not financially stable & can't afford to pay that fee every month / year. Life happens. Things can change drastically. Some of us want to escape from reality & it's harder to do that when you're being asked to pay either a monthly fee or a yearly fee or some of your crowns you might not get more of for a long time. I had to cancel my membership because I can't afford to pay that price every year anymore. Even if you decrease the amount during the yearly membership sales. We're kinda tired of you guys doing more crown shop events / crown locked bonuses ("You have to spend __crowns in order to get this premium item!"). It's also gotten a bit ridiculous how you've pushed more crown shop purchasing instead of teasing what the next world is going to be in a new quest or a new video online.

I hate saying things like this but I think it needs to be said that there are a lot of people who can't afford half of the stuff you're selling to us. The little monthly purchases add up to a LOT of money. The bigger purchases drain your money faster and you won't give us a BREAK.

Chill out with the crown shop. Chill out with the crown shop events that tempt you into buying more crowns in order to get an item in a loot box system that you might not get at all. Focus on putting out more content and make more of your content free across the board and people will buy memberships if they want to support you.

But from the bottom of my heart: Consider this time of distress and anxiety in our OWN real world and give your players an easier outlet that doesn't require putting them into financial debt.
I would agree with this a hundred percent. I would love to buy wysteria lore packs so i could possibly get my spells from it since i farmed loremaster for two weeks awhile back and got zero spells or tc's .However, I do not want to spend a hundred dollars for each wizard and get nothing to show for it. i have eight wizards that all need their spells or at least the tc's to craft those spells but you have made the drop rate so stingy that only a ten year old would be foolish enough to attempt to go after it. can i waste your money as a developer and get nothing for it. would you mind so terribly. i don't mind spending money for your game but i do mind feeling like i got ripped off for it. I have a wife and kids to look after and wasting money rolling on rare items is not a good choice. Give me a choice besides the loremaster who never drops anything whatsoever. Time is precious too and spending countless weeks on end hoping for a break get just as old as being ripped off. you just gambled time that way and still lost.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
RainSiren on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:

I agree that making WC ( or at least the 3 streets ) free is now a good idea for KingsIsle. This MMORPG has proven itself by lasting nearly 12 years! Think of all the other MMOs out there and how long they lasted ( & most were even more expensive than W101 ).
But I don't agree that KI should stop the crowns events, this is a excellent source of secondary income for the game that doesn't depend on memberships. If this is reduced or stopped altogether, then the game may cease to be developed.
Yes, it stinks when you can't afford something you really want. But ask yourself; do you really need it to play this game?
Scroll of Fortune events offer many fun prizes for FREE. KI Trivia games give FREE crowns ( play every day and save those crowns up for a pack or whatever you want ). Daily also gives free crowns every 5 days ( and if you have the standard 6 wizards, that can mount up as well ).
Do I even need to mention the giveaways during Christmas or other celebrations?

KI already makes FtP easier for their fans.