Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Ratatoskr Craftable Now

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
Been out for about a year now with a shamefully LOW drop rate in packs. Storm doesn't have to buy Tempest, Fire doesn't have to buy Meteor. Life wiz have waited TEN YEARS for a legit, 4-pip AOE. Why do we have to pay for it? Shame on you KI.

The myth heal and storm hammer? Not as concerned because they aren't class-altering spells. But KI should make them craftable or farmable as well (farmable won't happen cuz KI thinks Loremaster is busted). It' been long enough.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Quinntimidator on Mar 27, 2020 wrote:
Been out for about a year now with a shamefully LOW drop rate in packs. Storm doesn't have to buy Tempest, Fire doesn't have to buy Meteor. Life wiz have waited TEN YEARS for a legit, 4-pip AOE. Why do we have to pay for it? Shame on you KI.

The myth heal and storm hammer? Not as concerned because they aren't class-altering spells. But KI should make them craftable or farmable as well (farmable won't happen cuz KI thinks Loremaster is busted). It' been long enough.
Guess you did not watch the KI live yesterday.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I did. They said that Loremaster was a hot mess (duh) and they didn't want to add more spells to it. I posted this question several times during the stream and no one addressed it.

If I missed something, why not illuminate us?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This is a GREAT reason for them to institute the token system mention on THIS THREAD. They would no longer have to have LM drop spells. Doing this would:

1) Make it easier to farm because you would get the spell(s) you WANT before the ones you don't want
2) Would stop them from needing to add spells to her drop table; she would just drop tokens from now on

3) Should fix whatever the issue is with her drops (I didnt watch the KI Live this time, I normally dont)

4) Make their user base a lot happier

This is a complete win/win. We would still have to farm her, but just by being able to CHOOSE what spell(s) we want, it would be a ton faster.

KI - you REALLY need to look into implementing this

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
On Their Live stream, they acknowledge that loremaster is a mess and unrewarding and they want to do something about it but not sure what the fix would look like yet. Rather than telling them they missed the live stream which actually just acknowledged the problem, offer some other option to help them come up with a fix that's reasonable for them and us the players. They still need to generate the revenue from whatever fix is eventually implemented. Come up with some idea that they can buy into that the players might actually like

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
OH! and one other suggestion, move ALL of the recipes to Loremaster instead of in separate worlds. This would not change a thing EXCEPT where to go to get the recipes. Since she is the one who gives the dropped spells, she should also give the recipes. I never understood why she drops the spells but you have to go to Mooshu or Avalon to get the recipes to craft the spells, nor did I understand why some of the spells are considered "better" because they're at a vendor so late in the game.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
So, I completely understand KI's need to make money to survive and prosper. And I don't want to fudge with that. As an avid player, I can tell you there are plenty of "casual wiz" with more money than sense who want to buy the latest wind passing mount and silly costume. God bless. Give them what they want and let them fund us all.

But it took TEN YEARS to figure out life needs a pip-efficient aoe like everyone else, and when they come up with it, they make us pay for it? And now they're taking their time "figuring out lore master?" Come on. I know lots of wiz who want this spell and they're dropping crowns for it. It is now an "essential" spell. Put it in loremaster NOW and figure that mess of a dungeon out later.

What's that? You're making too much money on that pack to hurry? Hmm. Shocking.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
well, you need to talk to marketing and unravel their spreadsheets for revenue generation. I have done my share of griping about how much stuff costs or the length of the grind for loot drops. I see both sides of the issue. Complaining about something having to be paid for versus them just giving it away goes nowhere. I would think they would have added a time multiplier to some of these rare drops so that as time got further and further extended from creation that the drop rate would have improved somewhat and the revenue generation would have moved to the next shiny thing but this game makes all rare commodities the next shiny thing and they never go back and adjust it. People have been complaining about loremaster loot drops way back in 2015 and they still haven't done anything. there are pages and pages of complaints and they still haven't adjusted one drop. Don't know what it takes to get a company to move on something but i haven't plugged all this data into a spreadsheet either so i am not sure what the issues are for implementing the fixes they "Want" to implement.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
This thread actually has some very level-headed, adult-thinking, marketing savvy understanding of the issue. So why are we all still confused about it? It has to be a simple business proposition: They're making money on the trashy, trashy Grizzle pack so they are in no hurry to figure out their other issues or migrate their spells into the actual game as they have done for the entire last decade. Much easier to add new garbage to the game than to go back and reconcile busted issues they cannot receive revenue for. That is what happens when marketing geniuses overtake the folks there that actually want to make the game stronger and more consistent. Funny thing is, these are not mutually exclusive issues. You can have a game that evolves and corrects itself while still making money. And equally funny, when you treat them as mutually exclusive issues, you will lose your faithful and create a game with a much shorter life span.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Absolutely even Leaf storm would be welcomed so Life get a 4 pip AOE.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I've farmed lore for 2 years trying to get pigsie spell or the TC, I got 1
I would like to see the TC be craftable at least with a legitimate drop rate.

And now we have spellements, I find it impossible to get excited over the latest and greatest when our regular crafting is so broken.

Victoria

Survivor
Apr 04, 2020
Gotta say I am pretty disappointed it was not addressed at all during this KI Live session. It was also one of the topic liked comments on the Twitter. This spell would be a significant enhance for my brother to have, but he can't get it because it's behind a lore pack. A bit sad really that my brother had to make a work around to be able to do the damage he wants because he doesn't have access to this spell.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
And a second KI live stream comes and goes without a mention of migrating the grizzle spells out of the bloody packs. Instead they just spoke endlessly about playing as your pet. Gag.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Quinntimidator on May 9, 2020 wrote:
And a second KI live stream comes and goes without a mention of migrating the grizzle spells out of the bloody packs. Instead they just spoke endlessly about playing as your pet. Gag.
Considering the update was very pet-centric, this doesn't surprise me one bit. Every other pack spell can be crafted, so this one, in time, will be as well. Only KI knows when, and players will scream about how long overdue it is. With that type of response, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it either. Maybe they're waiting to see how they can fix Loremaster. Maybe if they fix Loremaster, having the need to craft it won't be as large. We have no way of knowing what they are working on.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I think ill chime in on this one on both sides.

I have a notebook and after I ran loremaster about 20 times I started putting tick
marks on the pages like counting days in prison.

On many wizards I farmed loremaster over and over.

Currently the notebook has 3157 tick marks for loremaster.

This is the only positive thing i can say for king isle on this one.
Thank you that you also made the spells craft able.

Now in 3157 times farming Loremaster, I have had 4 spell drops
and earned enough cards to craft 3 spells.

That literally puts the drop ratio at about 1 in 394 and loremaster gives
nothing else but gold items to sell. This ratio is just not acceptable.
That is a chance of only .394% that a spell would drop.
Thats not even 1%, not even 1% and it's more a question as why?

There is no reason to lock players down like we are trying to win a bingo game
to this degree.
Gear drops in Darkmoor are better.

There is no reason what so ever that they cannot simply change the ratio of drop rates
for this specific thing. In 1981 a.d. we just changed the math to change how a number
calculates a result.
/** * Calculate n random numbers that sum y. * Function calculates a percentage based on the number * required, gives a random number around that number, then * deducts the rest from the total for the final number. * Final number cannot be truely random, as it's a fixed total, * but it will appear random, as it's based on other random * values.
On King Isles side programming is still not able to create a true random prediction of random and
therefore random is not real and so there are mistakes.

However, with random not being possible the solution is only one thing based on the math and
that is to go into the code and just change the ratio of drop rate. That's where the coding is
messing up. Your assuming that the math will randomize when there is no true randomization.
All attempts to randomize a single number can always be predicted by simple formula's in
basic algebra.

Change the formula for drop rate. That is a maximum of what 50 key strokes?
When i was working on many EA games and later with console game programming, simple
ratios could be easily changed. It's just math. If you don't have any one that knows math then
I'm available for contract work.

Conclusion, change the drop rate percentage.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
The logic they used when they introduced these spells was that "Not Everyone Can be or should be the best, There are gonna be some losers" or something to that effect. They entice the playerbase by acknowledging that there is a problem and wishing they could fix it but never actually put any effort into trying to fix it. Just wait for the next acknowledgement and see if they get to a place where they might want to start working on a fix.

When you are talking about money, it is like moving heaven and earth to get people to understand how frustrating something is. So far, the message is not getting through. Greed outweighs player wants.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
FYI. They finally talked about it directly in the last KI Live, but gave no concrete date when the three grizzle spells will be craftable.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Quinntimidator on Jun 15, 2020 wrote:
FYI. They finally talked about it directly in the last KI Live, but gave no concrete date when the three grizzle spells will be craftable.
Thank God that I decided to open 5 more packs worth and gotten the life aoe after throwing away so many crowns already.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
3157 times I ran Lore master. Read this line twice. SO you can comprehend.

Here, again 3157 times, Three thousand One hundred and Fifty Seven times.

You don't need to know math, because I do.

That it .394 %, meaning that drop rate is well below 1 single percent.

Concerning your idea that King Isle would not want every to get everything?

Why would king isle not want you to be happy with your accomplishments?

Do you think they keep updating and making the game better just for the fun of it?

They want you here. Without the players they are broke. Do you not understand this concept?

The point being is that the drop rate is not realistic. I can farm Darkmoor and get faster drop on the best gear but we meaning me and at least 100 friends I know have run several thousand, that 1,000 One comma Zero Zero Zero and never got a spell. I got 4 spells all on a brand new wizard in one day, so is that what you mean by wizards that shouldn't have it? My maxed wizard runs 3157 times with one spell drop and my new wizard just getting to loremaster gets 4 in one day?

King isle wants us happy, and the drop rate is not right. Defined. Proven, True.

3157 times . Here if you dont have open chat, Tree Thousand Won Hundred Fifty Seventh Times.
There is NO code that is programmed saying ,"This character deserves a spell drop more than another"

It's CODE. It's MATH. It's just drop rate, you cannot calculate who should and should not get a spell drop, and if you just stay in school you will understand eventually that King Isle is not using some kind of AI to single you out of getting a spell drop from Loremaster because how, How? How could they decide whether you are personally more worthy to get a card? This isnt reality. This isn't whether you can pick up Thor's hammer because you are worthy. This is Math. It's Drop rate.. And the Drop rate is just way way low. Ask any player who knows 1 + 1 = 2 or even players how know 1 + 1 = 3. The drop rate is way too low.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Rejoice Everyone!!

All the Grizzelheim spells will be craftable in the summer update!!