Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Minion Buff spells could have more uses with spellwrighting!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Hello all!

The minion buff spells that come from Tish'Mah don't get much use throughout the spiral. Although minions are limited in many ways i feel these spells could finally shine thanks to spellwrighting.

The spells that use minions to your advantage have a lot of room to be explored. For instance the rank of the minion can also affect a spells power. Lets take "Siphon Health", you sacrifice a minion for 400 health. Thanks to upgrading and spellwrighting this could now be upgraded. With these particular spell upgrades there is a catch.

Now let's say you upgrade the spell to max and it now heals, lets say, 700 health. That seems like a lot if you just summon a 0 pip Golem. That is why as you upgrade these spells, you can only use them depending on the rank of a minion you summon. So now the description of the spell could change to "Sacrifice minion rank 3^ for 700 health" and such. Not only can this help solve some myths struggle with solo questing, but it will have these cards being used more!

Another Example of upgraded minion buff spells from spellwrighting:

Draw power: "Sacrifice minion rank 2^, gain 4 pips"

Mend minion: "If minion rank 3^, heal 90+300 over 3 rounds. Minion only."

My own minion buff spell ideas:

3 pips "Sacrifice minion rank 3^ deal 410 damage to target"

3 pips "Sacrifice minion 3^ heal 120+320 overtime to self"

3 pip "Cast on rank 2^ minion, minion dies in 2 rounds, if killed by spell, put myth overtime on all enemies 50+400 4 pip

"Cast on rank 2^ minion, minion dies in 2 rounds, if killed by spell, heal all allies overtime 50+300"

Thank you if you chose to read this far. I feel these spells have more potential then you'd think at first glance, and now with spellwrighting in the game they could be used more often for those who enjoy minions but cant get much use out of them. Thank you!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Kinda related, but I would love to see KI implement a new spell similar to these that allow Myth wizards to pick their minion's spells. I am not a Myth wizard, but it seems like their whole gig is minions and tbh they kinda suck as is in the game. It would be fun to see tiers of spells only available for Myth wizards (or TC) that let you choose their spells. I think these spells should would as enchantments like sharpen blade or potent trap, but for minion spells instead. Maybe the first enchantment would let you pick from 3 spells in their hand, the second 5 spells, and the third one let you pick from 7 spells. All of these enchantment could be released at different levels.

I do agree that the spell writing system could really improve those barely used (if used at all lol) spells though! I'm excited to see what happens with spell writing now that it's in the game, I'm just hoping that it becomes a system that is accessible for everyone.