Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forum Conduct and Competitive PVP Posts

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We realize PVP is a contentious topic, so debates and disagreements will inevitably surface. It's important that everyone realizes this potential and checks their responses before jumping in and responding to someone's opinions or ideas.

We've been receiving messages in our moderation queue that have phrases like the following:

- "Apparently you don't understand, let me correct you..."

- "...are you dense?"

- "That's just retarded."

- "Why should I care?"

- "You're just a child, let the big boys fight it out and just keep out of the way of our battles."

- "That's a stupid idea, who would do that? Let me teach you how to do it right..."

etc.

These messages and their entire contents will be deleted and not approved for posting. If we see repeated responses from the same individuals, your access to the forums may be revoked.

Please be aware of this before writing lengthy responses and including inflammatory comments.

These rules and guidelines also apply to in-game conduct as well. If you have a concern about in-game conduct specifically, please report it using the in-game interface.

Thanks

Administrator
A reminder that statements like the above, and recent ones like " You lack any understanding. That's completely wrong. I'll let this video explain your obvious error..." does not constitute well meaning forum responses and will not be approved.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Sparck on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
A reminder that statements like the above, and recent ones like " You lack any understanding. That's completely wrong. I'll let this video explain your obvious error..." does not constitute well meaning forum responses and will not be approved.
Are you saying Mr spark that correcting someone who is intentionally providing false information on baseless facts, will also be giving the moderators block?

Administrator
angellifeheart on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
Are you saying Mr spark that correcting someone who is intentionally providing false information on baseless facts, will also be giving the moderators block?
Correcting someone is of course fine, but if it's rude and includes anything that goes against our community guidelines, then unfortunately your post can't be approved.

So if you want to correct someone and ensure they understand something, be nice about it and more than likely it'll pass the filter.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Saddly, Spark, the conduct you discussed concerning forum posts is rife in the game. PVP could be fun, but way too many players are extremely toxic.

Most experienced PVP players don't say much during combat as they don't want someone to look at their stats, but they will outside combat.

And they definately do during the beastmoon events.

In some cases, it might be a strategy to discourage opponents from playing in the PVP part of the game - but in most cases it's just someone attacking someone else. I mean, PVP is exactly that - encouraging people to attack other people in deadly combat (yeah, it's a card game, but people 'die' and too many people get their kicks off of hurting others)

It's unfortunate, but the very act of pitting players against players in an arena setting where death is the outcome for one side over the other encourags the toxic, antagonistic behaviour - especially in immature people.

Telling us to report them is fine, but could you also tell us what to say in that report? There's very little space to type and there's no suggested topics to choose from.

Administrator
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 4, 2021 wrote:
Saddly, Spark, the conduct you discussed concerning forum posts is rife in the game. PVP could be fun, but way too many players are extremely toxic.

Most experienced PVP players don't say much during combat as they don't want someone to look at their stats, but they will outside combat.

And they definately do during the beastmoon events.

In some cases, it might be a strategy to discourage opponents from playing in the PVP part of the game - but in most cases it's just someone attacking someone else. I mean, PVP is exactly that - encouraging people to attack other people in deadly combat (yeah, it's a card game, but people 'die' and too many people get their kicks off of hurting others)

It's unfortunate, but the very act of pitting players against players in an arena setting where death is the outcome for one side over the other encourags the toxic, antagonistic behaviour - especially in immature people.

Telling us to report them is fine, but could you also tell us what to say in that report? There's very little space to type and there's no suggested topics to choose from.
Hello, if you report someone it will send a chat log of what was said before and after the report to Customer Support.

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/chat-friends3

You can read more here if you would like.

Hope that helps a bit!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Maceryn on Dec 8, 2021 wrote:
Hello, if you report someone it will send a chat log of what was said before and after the report to Customer Support.

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/chat-friends3

You can read more here if you would like.

Hope that helps a bit!
it would still be nice to know what keywords to use in the report - we're only allowed enough space to type out a word or two.

Administrator
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 8, 2021 wrote:
it would still be nice to know what keywords to use in the report - we're only allowed enough space to type out a word or two.
If it's bad language, then just say "bad language" or "harassment" or something along those lines. The chat logs that are sent with the report can usually identify the specifics of problem.

Survivor
May 31, 2021
Sparck on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
We realize PVP is a contentious topic, so debates and disagreements will inevitably surface. It's important that everyone realizes this potential and checks their responses before jumping in and responding to someone's opinions or ideas.

We've been receiving messages in our moderation queue that have phrases like the following:

- "Apparently you don't understand, let me correct you..."

- "...are you dense?"

- "That's just retarded."

- "Why should I care?"

- "You're just a child, let the big boys fight it out and just keep out of the way of our battles."

- "That's a stupid idea, who would do that? Let me teach you how to do it right..."

etc.

These messages and their entire contents will be deleted and not approved for posting. If we see repeated responses from the same individuals, your access to the forums may be revoked.

Please be aware of this before writing lengthy responses and including inflammatory comments.

These rules and guidelines also apply to in-game conduct as well. If you have a concern about in-game conduct specifically, please report it using the in-game interface.

Thanks
"Apparently you don't understand, let me correct you..."
I feel like this phrase is 'okay'. Just take out the "apparently" and replace it with "I believe" and add a "me" after "understand" and you should be good (of course content is also a factor) but if you want to be extra cautious then replace the end with "Let me clarify for you" and that should be good?