Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug Encountered with Mount

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I have experienced a very strange bug that occurs whenever I teleport to the Commons or to my house - the mount appears but not my wizard. I thought it was only a slow loading problem, but despite waiting a full minute, my wizard never showed up.
Going normally to another area or unequipping then reequipping the mount restored my wizard. This has happened several times and with three different mounts. The free Dromodary rental, the Terror Dog ( permanent ) and the school beginner broomstick.

Administrator
anecorbie on Aug 24, 2019 wrote:
I have experienced a very strange bug that occurs whenever I teleport to the Commons or to my house - the mount appears but not my wizard. I thought it was only a slow loading problem, but despite waiting a full minute, my wizard never showed up.
Going normally to another area or unequipping then reequipping the mount restored my wizard. This has happened several times and with three different mounts. The free Dromodary rental, the Terror Dog ( permanent ) and the school beginner broomstick.
Sounds like your Wizard is scared of the new areas or something :).

Just to be sure, are your system's graphics drivers updated? Sometimes older graphics drivers can cause weird effects in games like this one.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
This happens to me constantly the past week. My mount is visible but not my wizard. Doesnt matter if I change mounts. Still no wizard. I have to leave the commons or at my house I have to go inside to be seen.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
This has also been happening to me lately, on two different wizards, with two different mounts. It tends to happen whenever I teleport to the commons. The mount will be there, but my wizard will not. One of my characters had the balance sigil mount (the thing that under her feet looks like the balance circle thing - not sure what the mount itself is called). The other character had the dragon wings mount (the large red scaly looking ones that attach to her back). My graphics drivers are updated, if that helps.