Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Deckathalon Bug

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
In the myth deckathalon I have noticed that the monsters are dropping Life TCs instead of the expected storm tcs. Things such as Nature's Wrath and Rockclops are dropping. This is in clear contrast to other Deckathalons which dropped tcs that were effective within the ongoing event. Please check it out! Thanks.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I agree with Eric that there are a lot of life runes and life TC's being dropped in this myth deckathalon tower.
I have received very few storm runes and I don't remember seeing any storm treasure cards dropped so far.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
And no strengthening runes are being dropped in the rune packs

Survivor
Dec 04, 2013
Worse still, I completed the stage 4 battle today and yet when I tried entering the next level I only have the options of repeating stages 1 through 4. It's as if I never completed the final boss battle of the stage, yet I have the Deck and TC recipes purchased from the Vendor to prove it.

Even if I could take a screenshot to show support that fact (and the ability to take a screenshot seems to have stopped working) they tell me they are unable to inspect character data attributes to verify that, nor have they the information or tool to correct the state that would indicate the correct level of the deckathalon process for my character. For a game that is ten years old that quite frankly is unbelievable. The way in which support wash their hands of it, effectively saying "That's just how it is. You have to put up with it" is shameful. They should be demanding the tools and information about the backend to fix problems like this when they occur. This is a game we pay for. Maybe I'd expect it of a free game, but not when we pay handsomely for playing.

EVE Online support people can get in, inspect data and correct it for a character in order to reset location, inventory and level data - all supported by a robust reporting system and the ability to inspect game logs. Why is KI so behind the curve? What incentive is there for me to repeat this battle once again in the hope that this time I will progress?

I hope the devs take note of the problem and find a way to allow controlled fixes to be applied by their employees working in the support environment and not allowing this 'firewall' to continue. It does not serve the playing, paying, public at all well.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2013
What would have helped my situation reported above, was if Support had told me there are only four stages to a deckathalon! I've not done past three stages in any of the previous events and I usually don't use wizard101central pages to read up ahead of the battles unless I come completely unstuck. I prefer to encounter challenges without foreknowledge, as you would in real life, until it becomes a real stumbling block to progress.

It was only today when I completed stage four again and didn't progress that I wondered if that was all there was to the challenge and checked up on it.

Lesson learned. Check with wizard101central first. Certainly don't rely on KI support staff to give you an accurate answer.