Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
I think it would be great if we could change our character names. It could be a one time thing and maybe should only be able to change or get rid of the last name(s) so people won’t be so confused. And if it’s still too confusing, put the old name in parentheses for a certain number of days so friends know who it is.
For example, let’s say some girl named Alia wanted to get rid of her last names which were frogslinger. The name that could appear on her friend profile could be Alia (frogslinger). Frogslinger and the parentheses would eventually go away after a few days and Alia could live happy with her new name.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
amber emraldpetal on Jul 18, 2019 wrote:
I think it would be great if we could change our character names. It could be a one time thing and maybe should only be able to change or get rid of the last name(s) so people won’t be so confused. And if it’s still too confusing, put the old name in parentheses for a certain number of days so friends know who it is.
For example, let’s say some girl named Alia wanted to get rid of her last names which were frogslinger. The name that could appear on her friend profile could be Alia (frogslinger). Frogslinger and the parentheses would eventually go away after a few days and Alia could live happy with her new name.
I played a game where you could change your name anytime you wanted ( ugh ) then it was changed to a real money purchase ( much better ).
Anyway the game would have an announce system to let you know if a friend had changed their name - a pop-up would say:"You are no longer friends with___" then next: "You are now friends with___"
I believe this could be added.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I absolutely agree! It's totally doable, it's not like the NPC's use our wizard name in audio. This should recieve alot of attention

Survivor
Jun 02, 2015
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
TheAmazingStephen on Jul 21, 2019 wrote:
I absolutely agree! It's totally doable, it's not like the NPC's use our wizard name in audio. This should recieve alot of attention
Actually, they do use our name in audio in the first arc of the storyline. (I'm not sure why they don't redo that, I loved it)

Survivor
Apr 12, 2014
Having a name change, would be a great idea, especially for those who have played for a long time and have become bored of their previous wizard name or simply want to change up their last name of their wizard. (Even if it had to be crown purchase, low fee hopefully). Just like you can change the name of your pets on the game.