Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Scamming has to Stop!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2017
Somebody started it, and now we have to end it. The situation is getting obnoxious.

About a week ago it started. People have been starting Team Ups for dungeons, and then leaving those dungeons. That way, nobody else in the dungeon who actually completes the battle/battles gets any credit. Then, after they are done, the guy who left either teleports back, or does this to another team.

And that's not all. People have been teaming up for Skeleton Key Bosses (i.e. Ra, Sapoti, Spirit of Ignorance, etc.) when they DON'T HAVE KEYS. Then, they leave the dungeon, and that leaves the other three people to have to wait the ten minutes before going back, because the game thinks THEY left the other people. This needs to STOP!!!

It is breaking down the entire idea of the Join A Team Kiosk, and the idea of helping other wizards who actually need to complete the dungeon for a quest. The people who need to complete the dungeon have to do unnecessary work, and the people like me who wants team up badges have to wait for the cooldown. That is just not cool at all.

Also, some wizards don't enter the duel on time, and are one or two rounds late. But the idiots who are very strong couldn't care less, and they kill all the enemies before the other wizard officially joins the duel. Then, they have to do the dungeon again to complete the quest, and the people from the Kiosk don't get their loot.

I am writing this to help the community. I may be the only one who gives two hoots about it, but this issue is hurting the people who just want to play the game in peace. The Team Up people aren't getting what they deserve, and that is a problem that everyone should hope to resolve.

Hunter SunSpear, Lvl 29

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
There should be a special report button for these types. Then after the activity is verified by KI they can only wear one badge forever......Griefer.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2015
Overlord of Death on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
Somebody started it, and now we have to end it. The situation is getting obnoxious.

About a week ago it started. People have been starting Team Ups for dungeons, and then leaving those dungeons. That way, nobody else in the dungeon who actually completes the battle/battles gets any credit. Then, after they are done, the guy who left either teleports back, or does this to another team.

And that's not all. People have been teaming up for Skeleton Key Bosses (i.e. Ra, Sapoti, Spirit of Ignorance, etc.) when they DON'T HAVE KEYS. Then, they leave the dungeon, and that leaves the other three people to have to wait the ten minutes before going back, because the game thinks THEY left the other people. This needs to STOP!!!

It is breaking down the entire idea of the Join A Team Kiosk, and the idea of helping other wizards who actually need to complete the dungeon for a quest. The people who need to complete the dungeon have to do unnecessary work, and the people like me who wants team up badges have to wait for the cooldown. That is just not cool at all.

Also, some wizards don't enter the duel on time, and are one or two rounds late. But the idiots who are very strong couldn't care less, and they kill all the enemies before the other wizard officially joins the duel. Then, they have to do the dungeon again to complete the quest, and the people from the Kiosk don't get their loot.

I am writing this to help the community. I may be the only one who gives two hoots about it, but this issue is hurting the people who just want to play the game in peace. The Team Up people aren't getting what they deserve, and that is a problem that everyone should hope to resolve.

Hunter SunSpear, Lvl 29
sounds like a issue you should solve on your own by getting in the duels faster havent run into these much unless im just slow to the duel

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
@ Oran of Urz: Now you know there are some types who would be proud of such a badge. Don't encourage them, please!

@ alexi ( very long name): Some computers run slower than others, some players want to hear the dialogue. In any case you can wait until everyone is in the dueling circle before hitting.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"People have been teaming up for Skeleton Key Bosses when they DON'T HAVE KEYS."
That has always gone on (since I've known of.) They hope to get in on someone else's key. Free stuff.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
"People have been teaming up for Skeleton Key Bosses when they DON'T HAVE KEYS."
That has always gone on (since I've known of.) They hope to get in on someone else's key. Free stuff.
It can't be hard for KI to make sure the person starting the team up has the appropriate key before letting it go through to the kiosk. It really should be changed so they MUST have a key for the dungeon since it times out everyone else for leaving if it turns out no-one has a key. People helping are already giving their time and assistance, they should not be expected to pay for the privilege too!

This really needs to be changed!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
Honestly... That's not scamming, and I think you're being sensitive.. You don't know the person's situation and/or why they left, and it could be more important. People who are eager to complete their quests with a team won't just leave the other person when they could just complete their quest to move on. Either way, it's a range of reasons why that could be.

As for the skeleton keys, i kind of agree. People who start the team up should HAVE the keys instead of depending on someone who randomly joined to have on. One key is only used so it's not scamming anyone because they got a team to join and only one key can be used. But just in case, I always carry a golden, stone, and wooden key in my backpack.

Amber Myth: Level 115 Myth
Kymma GoldCloud: Level 45 Life

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AutumnBlizzards on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Honestly... That's not scamming, and I think you're being sensitive.. You don't know the person's situation and/or why they left, and it could be more important. People who are eager to complete their quests with a team won't just leave the other person when they could just complete their quest to move on. Either way, it's a range of reasons why that could be.

As for the skeleton keys, i kind of agree. People who start the team up should HAVE the keys instead of depending on someone who randomly joined to have on. One key is only used so it's not scamming anyone because they got a team to join and only one key can be used. But just in case, I always carry a golden, stone, and wooden key in my backpack.

Amber Myth: Level 115 Myth
Kymma GoldCloud: Level 45 Life
Perhaps the word: "Scamming" is a little extreme. I believe "Trolling" would be more accurate. Players who wait until the last second to approve joining a team-up or back out immediately aren't innocent, if they truly had to leave due to any situation, they would leave the queue sooner.
"Scamming", however, is an accurate description for entering a skeleton key boss without a key and depending on others to provide for them. That you choose to have a stock pile of keys to use is a sign that you're a nice player. Not everyone feels that way and would prefer that those asking for help have their own keys.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Perhaps the word: "Scamming" is a little extreme. I believe "Trolling" would be more accurate. Players who wait until the last second to approve joining a team-up or back out immediately aren't innocent, if they truly had to leave due to any situation, they would leave the queue sooner.
"Scamming", however, is an accurate description for entering a skeleton key boss without a key and depending on others to provide for them. That you choose to have a stock pile of keys to use is a sign that you're a nice player. Not everyone feels that way and would prefer that those asking for help have their own keys.
I agree with that! It does get annoying at times and I wouldn't really know how KI would fix it, as they already have timers and such!