Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Passives

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
With the way PvP is (especially at high level) I feel like schools don't captivate the thematic imagination they are designed to have. Similar to the Scion spell conditions for double damage I think Schools should have unique abilities/conditions to shake up the entire game. This isn't just about PvP. I think it applies to the game in general.

I don't have every school but I was mainly thinking about the weaker schools at max level

- Ability to select minion spells: It's no secret that myth utilizes minions all the time. I think it's odd however that they cannot control the actions those minions do.

- Hp drain increases when hp hits certain thresholds: Unlike the Scion spell, I'm not talking about a damage increase. I'm talking about how death hits only converts half damage to health. Maybe start the drain at a lower value like 25 and then increase it to 100 as they take damage I think this would make the death school more exciting to play as and allow them to fit that drain class thematic more often.

- Increased damage at hp thresholds: originally my thoughts were to give storm innate pierce where the formula would make them be at 10% at like 120 or something but I think this fits them better. We all know storm is the hitting class. I think that storm wizards are exciting to play against in pvp. Now I know this might raise some eyebrows but honestly I think Storm deserves something of this caliber.

I didn't want to make this insanely long I just wanted to open up the discussion. Also while i'm at it I feel there should be more unique properites of the Astral,Shadow and Secondary schools. Maybe for example learning up to your school's level of a secondary schools spells grants you access to some (Not All) of that schools Exclusive spells and spell conversion ( which I think pip conversion should be reworked into this IMO) of that school which allows you to use your school version of that spell. There are Tc examples of this already like Fire and Ice Shark, All the different Efreets, Different elemental Titans and so on.

Side note magic needs to be more threatening. Shadow magic lore wise is suppose to be unstable and difficult to control. If that's so why do the consequences seem so unimportant aka backlash percentages. Why can't they harrass the caster more upon failing to meet their desire(condition) aka Failing to reduce shrike to 0 results in a weakness casted alongside backlash.

The main factor i'm going for is fun. All these schools should have more of an impact on the game. When I look at the Narrative driven game that is Wizard101 the lack of it showing is really contradictory. Schools are reduced to simple MMO terms like Hitter, Tank, Healer, Drain etc. What do you guys think?