Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The connection issues NEED to be fixed!!!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
The issues with the connection are ridiculous! I know it can't be anything on my end because this happens only for Wizard101, and I have even tried on different browsers and computers. Even my iPhone sometimes!!

Issue 1: On the Wizard101 website I get an error page (almost every time) saying to check my connection/firewall proxy. After 2-5 seconds it disappears, or if I refresh, it disappears.

Issue 2: On these very message boards, I can be writing a message, and the above error comes up when I click "submit". This causes everything that I wrote to be erased, and I have to start over. (I'm to the point now where I copy my message every time before I submit!)

Issue 3: Not always, but most of the time, I have to log in twice to play Wizard101! The first time I get an error, but after that, I just login again and I'm fine.

Issue 4: I can be purchasing crowns, both in-game and on the website, and as soon as I'm ready to click purchase the error comes up, and I'm forced to... well you guessed it, rewrite all the purchasing info. (Thankfully I was not charged twice!)

Conclusion: It seems like everything needs to be loaded twice before anything verifies!! This needs to be addressed ASAP!!!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Agreed. The Wizard101 website has been incredibly annoying as I lose connection every time I click on anything. This needs to be fixed, it’s a burden especially when writing something on the message boards as it causes me to lose all of my work and I have to type it all up again. Should be addressed asap.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2017
my wizard 101 is not launching properly and i even tried restarting my computer to see if that would work but it didn't. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again but that didn't work either. please help me here.

Administrator
Jprime16288 on May 3, 2019 wrote:
my wizard 101 is not launching properly and i even tried restarting my computer to see if that would work but it didn't. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again but that didn't work either. please help me here.
Hi Jprime! Are you getting some sort of error when starting the game?

Administrator
Apologies about these issues, we're aware of them and are working on a more permanent resolution for those few affected. It's a side affect of our recent server changes.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
Nothing here has been doing that, but the actual game loses connection often, and it's very annoying, sometimes I don't even get past the intro page thing! Please fix this.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
this is the second attempt to post this....when I submit it says No connection....I have a desktop computer with no other games or "clients" on it....get error 115 AGAIN.....love you guys, so please HELP!!!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
Having some trouble with a friend's account, he just emailed support but I figured I'd post here as well.

His game keeps freezing/crashing after about 45 seconds, no matter what he does in the game whether it is sitting in the wizard select screen or moving around in marleybone.

This happened a few days ago, but he ended up updating his whole computer system and it fixed the issue, but now its back to crashing again.

He's tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game already but that didn't help.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience this issue and might be able to help?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
The issue is fixed.....thank you!

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
rapturerat on May 7, 2019 wrote:
Having some trouble with a friend's account, he just emailed support but I figured I'd post here as well.

His game keeps freezing/crashing after about 45 seconds, no matter what he does in the game whether it is sitting in the wizard select screen or moving around in marleybone.

This happened a few days ago, but he ended up updating his whole computer system and it fixed the issue, but now its back to crashing again.

He's tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game already but that didn't help.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience this issue and might be able to help?
Greetings Rapturerat! Sorry to hear about the issue your friend is having there. Emailing support was the best in this case so they can identify the issue. By any chance is your friend using Discord while playing? If so, check out this thread that our community manager, Sparck posted:

www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/game-crashing-while-using-discord-8ad6a4256a2b2961016a74ae77f617ae?page=1

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Blaze03554 on Apr 27, 2019 wrote:
The issues with the connection are ridiculous! I know it can't be anything on my end because this happens only for Wizard101, and I have even tried on different browsers and computers. Even my iPhone sometimes!!

Issue 1: On the Wizard101 website I get an error page (almost every time) saying to check my connection/firewall proxy. After 2-5 seconds it disappears, or if I refresh, it disappears.

Issue 2: On these very message boards, I can be writing a message, and the above error comes up when I click "submit". This causes everything that I wrote to be erased, and I have to start over. (I'm to the point now where I copy my message every time before I submit!)

Issue 3: Not always, but most of the time, I have to log in twice to play Wizard101! The first time I get an error, but after that, I just login again and I'm fine.

Issue 4: I can be purchasing crowns, both in-game and on the website, and as soon as I'm ready to click purchase the error comes up, and I'm forced to... well you guessed it, rewrite all the purchasing info. (Thankfully I was not charged twice!)

Conclusion: It seems like everything needs to be loaded twice before anything verifies!! This needs to be addressed ASAP!!!

***UPDATE 5/8/19

• I am still getting Error 121 when I log in to Wizard101 the first time. The second time I'm fine.
  • The Wizard101 website is still showing the proxy/firewall connection issue. (Message Boards included.) I don't know if using Chrome is the issue or not??

Still unfortunately not fixed for everyone...

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck,

These issues are still unresolved.