Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Rare Treat Hambrosia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
The mega snack Hambrosia is without a doubt the rarest mega snack. The only way you can get one is either from super cheat bosses, one shot bosses, or from only two plants: Sword Fern and The Giving Tree (which isn't even available anymore).
However, even THEN, you aren't guaranteed to get the Hambrosia. Not even the best way of getting mega snacks, gardening, is good enough to get a Hambrosia. Sword Ferns only drop, in what I have observed, 1 Hambrosia in 20 elder sword ferns, if not less.
This is very concerning, given that Evil Magma Peas not only drop more types of Mega Snacks, more frequently (1 snack per 1 elder drop), they are also cheaper in crowns than Sword Ferns (EMP 1250) (SF 1500).

I know I could just farm Evil Magma Peas to get the literal 5 different guaranteed mega snacks (which I am already doing), but when I feed my pets snacks, it always ends up lacking in the two stats Hambrosia specializes in (Intellect and Agility)

I think the best way to fix this issue is to either guarantee Sword Ferns to drop Hambrosia on elder drops, or add Hambrosia to the list of mega snacks Evil Magma Peas can drop

Tell me what you all think, should Hambrosia be more accessible? You too Admins, tell me what you think

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Hambrosia being significantly less accessible than other mega snacks is also kinda silly and I wouldn't mind EMPs gaining it as a possible drop. EMPs are certainly capable of boosting all of your pet's stats already, however. You can feed your pets Captain Cantaloupe and Mystic Dragon Fruit from EMPs to boost your pet's Agility and Intelligence respectively. They give 5 less XP than Fancy Yogurt, but that would translate to, like, maybe one more pet game before maxing out your pet? If even that?

Sword Ferns being more expensive than EMPs does seem a tad bit silly since pet snacks are a much more coveted gardening drop than various blade TC. Though, it is completely understandable that it simply is not as good as the EMP at dropping snacks. Its primary purpose is to give you blade TC; its secondary functions as a mega snack plant and lore spell TC source are simply welcome additions.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I must say, this is one of my all time favourite snacks; Hambrosia.

You're indeed correct though, the only way to get your hands on such a rare commodity is by gardening the only plant available; Sword Fern or by defeating difficult bosses.

I grow Sword Ferns for this exact reason; to gain the snack.

In one garden, I have about 45 sword ferns. After harvesting them all at Elder, I only end up with an embarrassingly low 5 or lower of the snacks. Not even 10 I:

So, I must say, I would like to see the snack more available (especially in gardening).

I am also surprised than none of the Ultra Plants even show a chance of dropping the snack.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
shortening the harvest life cycle would help too. Sword Ferns take like a week to go from plant to elder whereas EMP get to elder MUCH faster. With max likes, I can go from noon on friday till monday before 10AM EST on one cycle from replant to elder.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Torpzun26 on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:
Hambrosia being significantly less accessible than other mega snacks is also kinda silly and I wouldn't mind EMPs gaining it as a possible drop. EMPs are certainly capable of boosting all of your pet's stats already, however. You can feed your pets Captain Cantaloupe and Mystic Dragon Fruit from EMPs to boost your pet's Agility and Intelligence respectively. They give 5 less XP than Fancy Yogurt, but that would translate to, like, maybe one more pet game before maxing out your pet? If even that?

Sword Ferns being more expensive than EMPs does seem a tad bit silly since pet snacks are a much more coveted gardening drop than various blade TC. Though, it is completely understandable that it simply is not as good as the EMP at dropping snacks. Its primary purpose is to give you blade TC; its secondary functions as a mega snack plant and lore spell TC source are simply welcome additions.
You're right about me just feeding my pets those two snacks. However, I tend to run out fast of those snacks and I end up having to wait to get more from gardening.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Sword Ferns looks so cool though. There is a reason why some things are priced higher.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TPG Miserie on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
Sword Ferns looks so cool though. There is a reason why some things are priced higher.
Looking cool isn't a form of payment though. I don't mind them keeping the drop rate the same, but I WISH they would make them elder faster. Other plants that drop snacks with the same XP value as the Hambrosia elder MUCH faster. Fancy Yogurt snacks come from Couch Potatoes or Evil Magma peas; both of which go from seedling to elder in about half the time. According to Central's listings for the 3 seeds, BEFORE LIKES:

CPs - 258 hours (10.75 days)

EMPs - 287.25 hours (11.97 days)

SF - 420 hours (17.5 days)

Why does that one plant take so much longer when its rewards arent THAT much better than the others?