Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decision process in ranked

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
The decision making process is wrong. FIX IT!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Jeremy Firestaff on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
What decision making process? Do you mean match ups?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jeremy Firestaff on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
It would help if you explain:

what is broken
why it doesn't work well
what could be done to improve it

You'll get a nice discussion from adding more detail and might even see your ideas added to the game

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
From my understanding, when a match goes to decision, take tourney for example, it is based on who discarded the least amount of cards. This is wrong. The person with the most overall damage, even if someone heals a lot, should be the winner. For example, I played a 2v2 tourney the other day with a friend. We were fire and storm fighting two life jades. We defeated one of them three times, the other twice, but they kept healing. They didn't defeat us at all. The game was decided for them even though our damage was clearly more. Jade needs to be fixed regardless of the decision making process, but there needs to be a better way these matches are decided based on damage, not number of cards.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Jeremy Firestaff on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
From my understanding, when a match goes to decision, take tourney for example, it is based on who discarded the least amount of cards. This is wrong. The person with the most overall damage, even if someone heals a lot, should be the winner. For example, I played a 2v2 tourney the other day with a friend. We were fire and storm fighting two life jades. We defeated one of them three times, the other twice, but they kept healing. They didn't defeat us at all. The game was decided for them even though our damage was clearly more. Jade needs to be fixed regardless of the decision making process, but there needs to be a better way these matches are decided based on damage, not number of cards.
I never heard this, but if that is true I would agree. From my understanding Diego's decision is based on muliple factors, but only KI knows for sure.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Sorry I titled it ranked but meant tourney.