Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inventory Management – Solved! Great Cheap Idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
I brought the subject of Inventory Management up a while ago unfortunately, that thread is now closed.:
Kokyota - Inventory WorkSheet - Members Only
For Members Only a WorkSheet which automatically catalogs all items in each wizard’s castle. I have a few Wizards with more than 10 castles. I can’t remember what is in each castle. Over the years, I created several inventory worksheets but it doesn’t take long before it fails. I find it fails because it is not done automatically. Not remembering what I have and where it is I eventually end up with 3 or 4 of the same item.

But now I have a great (cheap) idea!
This issue can be solved if I am allowed to copy and paste!
Once on my castle grounds I click “Place Object” then I click “Open Attic” then I click the Tab “House”. There I see all the items on the outside. On the inside of the castle I do the same thing and see all the items on the inside of my castle.
If I can highlight and copy these list of items I will then be able to paste them into my Excel Spreadsheet. Once in my Excel spreadsheet I can better manage my Inventory! Viola
Currently, I can copy each attic page as a .PDF but it is rather useless as I can’t search for a specific item ☹
But if I can do a simple copy and paste into my Excel Spreadsheet, I solve my Inventory Management issue! Again Viola

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Kokyota on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
I brought the subject of Inventory Management up a while ago unfortunately, that thread is now closed.:
Kokyota - Inventory WorkSheet - Members Only
For Members Only a WorkSheet which automatically catalogs all items in each wizard’s castle. I have a few Wizards with more than 10 castles. I can’t remember what is in each castle. Over the years, I created several inventory worksheets but it doesn’t take long before it fails. I find it fails because it is not done automatically. Not remembering what I have and where it is I eventually end up with 3 or 4 of the same item.

But now I have a great (cheap) idea!
This issue can be solved if I am allowed to copy and paste!
Once on my castle grounds I click “Place Object” then I click “Open Attic” then I click the Tab “House”. There I see all the items on the outside. On the inside of the castle I do the same thing and see all the items on the inside of my castle.
If I can highlight and copy these list of items I will then be able to paste them into my Excel Spreadsheet. Once in my Excel spreadsheet I can better manage my Inventory! Viola
Currently, I can copy each attic page as a .PDF but it is rather useless as I can’t search for a specific item ☹
But if I can do a simple copy and paste into my Excel Spreadsheet, I solve my Inventory Management issue! Again Viola
KI already have a way to search an entire account and see everything on it...I'd love it to be available to the wizards on the account.

As soon as we note things down (either on paper or digital) we are still going to make mistakes and fail to keep all or parts of it updated. A real solution would be clicking a tab and seeing everything account wide and its location or a second tab to see all of that specific wizard's things

I like it when KI come up with solutions that can be fully utilised within the game itself

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I like your idea of being able to copy and paste to an Excel spreadsheet. Like you, I have tried to keep a list of my wizards' inventory and in doing so have been disconnected due to inactivity, especially when checking items in the bank/shared bank. Screenshots of the inventory only make it more confusing as it doesn't allow you to identify which wizard or castle you are in without being disconnected due to inactivity.

Currently, I have to use two computers to complete the task on several different accounts/wizards. I do hope they will think about your idea and implement it soon, possibly with the next update.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 6, 2019 wrote:
KI already have a way to search an entire account and see everything on it...I'd love it to be available to the wizards on the account.

As soon as we note things down (either on paper or digital) we are still going to make mistakes and fail to keep all or parts of it updated. A real solution would be clicking a tab and seeing everything account wide and its location or a second tab to see all of that specific wizard's things

I like it when KI come up with solutions that can be fully utilised within the game itself
You are absolute right! KI does have the ability to search our accounts.

However, we all know releasing that will probably not happen - soon.

My idea is simple, can be implement immediately, and cheap.