Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions should scale

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
As we all know, in w101, minions are very difficult to use and very easy to outgrow. They all seem like they're designed for specific purposes, but you end up with only 3 usable (golem, elephant, and baba yaga minions). This can go further than myth, but it would be cool if your minion spells were connected to your stats. Maybe have their default stats but have said stats improve by like 1/3 of yours. So if you were to have 50% resist, they would gain an about 16% resistance. Same for damage, power pips, accuracy, etc. Of coarse it doesn't have to be like that specifically, maybe it could become resistance for only one school or something, but something like that

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I think this is a cool idea but i still think most people wont use minions in higher worlds.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
I agree minions can become very lackluster quickly as you gain levels. Minions in themselves area great resource undervalued by players and Ki alike most people will at some point hire a henchman to help out so why cant we have minions that are actually useful? In my opinion more minoins should have access to heals and be more willing to heal their partner wizard than themselves. Even at lower levels most minions tend to be selfish blading, healing and shielding themself and leaving the wizard open and vunreable to attack. I hope KI looks into the functionality of minions closely and gives them more purpose in the future.