Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Luck With Crowns

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone else want to do a facepalm when you buy crowns, and the very next day, just a few hours later, they go on sale (or gain bonus crowns)? I just bought crowns around 11:30pm on February 16, and now on February 17, there's a bonus sale.

I tell you, this is the story of my life, these kinds of things seem to happen to me a lot.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Aw, better luck next time. Before buying crowns I always check the Ravenwood news to see if they're going to be any sales coming up around the corner.

Not trying to be rude.
On a side note, why did you post this? It was just a matter of luck that you could get bonus crowns with your purchase right after you bought crowns for yourself.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i'm under the same boat, just bought tourney, used practically the remainder of my paycheck, next day "SALE"

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Mirajane7887 on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Aw, better luck next time. Before buying crowns I always check the Ravenwood news to see if they're going to be any sales coming up around the corner.

Not trying to be rude.
On a side note, why did you post this? It was just a matter of luck that you could get bonus crowns with your purchase right after you bought crowns for yourself.
It was just a simple vent, see if anyone else has bad luck with this. Yeah, it is luck or unfavorable circumstances, but doesn't mean I'm raging about it. Sometimes it's just good to vent, respectfully. Nothing more. Been staying away from anything with a lot of text right now, I have pneumonia so reading is giving me headaches. So yeah, didn't check Ravenwood. Plus, I've been gone for nearly 3 years and just got back on a few days ago, so I am learning things over again.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I had it happen once or twice. That's when I stopped buying anything full price. KI has a sale of some sort every week (or almost every week), whether it's Crowns, membership, card packs, or something else. Just remember in the future to hold off making a purchase until a sale starts. More often than not you won't have to wait very long.

But yes, that is frustrating. It's not just W101 that happens with. I've bought a lot of things in my life only to see them go on sale a day or two later.