Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arcanum needs Balance's blades as TCs

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Librarian fitzhume doesnt have this blade tc. He has the fire, ice, death, life, myth, and storm blades, as well as the spirit and elemental blades. He does NOT have bladestorm OR balanceblades as tcs.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Unfortunately, nobody does. I too would like to see TC Balance blades more accessible, especially to Balance wizards. Everyone else has their school blades, it's high-time Balance got theirs.

Although Balance can craft their TC Balance blade, it requires 3 diamonds, which adds up fast if you are wanting to craft 20+. It would be nice to see TC Bladestorm accessible to Balance as well (since we can't even craft those, and there are recipes that require TC Bladestorm)

If Balance blades are ever sold at a vendor, I really don't want to see them accessible to other schools. I think they should be locked to Balance only. Hey, we need something for ourselves (only) too!

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Keep in mind that doing this would give all wizards (not just Balance wizards) the ability to blade for an extra 50% damage. Given the low bonus relative to other blades, I still think this merits a look. Maybe allow Balance Blade purchase and swap the recipe to Bladestorm?

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
dayerider on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
Librarian fitzhume doesnt have this blade tc. He has the fire, ice, death, life, myth, and storm blades, as well as the spirit and elemental blades. He does NOT have bladestorm OR balanceblades as tcs.
This is probably not much help, but Sword Ferns drop tons of balance blades in gardens. It is a crown plant (although a few bosses drop them), so it is obviously not for everybody. If Wizard101 made these blades available for sale, they would need something to offset the value lost from sword ferns.

There was a controversy last time they did this. Used to be you could not buy any school blades at all. When Wizard101 started making them available from vendors, there was a big outcry that people's Sword Fern investments were lost, so Wizard101 had to up the Hambrosia mega snack drop rate (which is still rather low in my opinion), and left balance blade as the other valuable drop.

I guess if Wizard101 decides to make balance blades for sale through vendors for gold, then maybe they could up the mega snack Hambrosia drop rate on Sword Fern, and maybe make it drop bladestorm cards in addition to single balance blades. What would really be cool too is if they did a bladestorm of other school cards - but at a reduced %. For example, a Life Bladestorm which gives everyone on the team a 15 or 20% life blade - or a storm bladestorm, etc. You get the idea.

The bladestorm type of cards would only drop at elder, and would be a chance per plant to get - that way it would not get out of control.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I agree with Brynner. If they do add Balance TC from vendors it should be Balance school only. I'd just make it a Balance School blade, instead of universal. So it would work only on Balance School spells, regardless of the damage type done, but wouldn't boost or trigger other schools spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
I agree with Brynner. If they do add Balance TC from vendors it should be Balance school only. I'd just make it a Balance School blade, instead of universal. So it would work only on Balance School spells, regardless of the damage type done, but wouldn't boost or trigger other schools spells.
this idea sounds good to me

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
I'll have to disagree. That's in effect a balance blade and there still exists no balance shield.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
I'll have to disagree. That's in effect a balance blade and there still exists no balance shield.
All of the other schools have access to all of Balance's blades for ease of use. However, Balance's blades are extremely limited for Balance to use.

All of the other schools can easily get their school TC blades as well as the TC tri-blades.

Balance does not have easy access to Balance blades. One can be crafted. Bladestorm is next to impossible to get as a TC. Vendors (Celestia, Libraries) do not sell Balance blades, but they sell all other school blades.

This isn't about a Balance shield to combat the issue.

The issue is, Balance would like to get their blades through VENDORS just like everyone else, BUT, purchasing it should be locked to Balance only. Otherwise, this would be extremely unfair for other schools to have open access to all the Balance blades they want.

I want my Balance blades easily accessible like all the other schools, especially Bladestorm

Brynn

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
All of the other schools have access to all of Balance's blades for ease of use. However, Balance's blades are extremely limited for Balance to use.

All of the other schools can easily get their school TC blades as well as the TC tri-blades.

Balance does not have easy access to Balance blades. One can be crafted. Bladestorm is next to impossible to get as a TC. Vendors (Celestia, Libraries) do not sell Balance blades, but they sell all other school blades.

This isn't about a Balance shield to combat the issue.

The issue is, Balance would like to get their blades through VENDORS just like everyone else, BUT, purchasing it should be locked to Balance only. Otherwise, this would be extremely unfair for other schools to have open access to all the Balance blades they want.

I want my Balance blades easily accessible like all the other schools, especially Bladestorm

Brynn
That's fine and I do not disagree with the concept of offering TC versions of balance's blades that can only be purchased by Balance wizards.

What I do disagree with is seethe42's suggestion to change them from universal blades to blades that only trigger with Balance school spells. That in effect creates a balance specific blade without a balance specific shield. That is what I am opposed to.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
dayerider on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
NO!

Have you forgot how trading works? Level 12 wizards could trade with max level friends. This blade helps all schools, not just balance. Therefore, it would unbalance gameplay (and pvp).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze03554 on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
NO!

Have you forgot how trading works? Level 12 wizards could trade with max level friends. This blade helps all schools, not just balance. Therefore, it would unbalance gameplay (and pvp).

if it follows Brynner's idea, the problem is solved. Also, they could make it no pvp, because that IS an option as well. There are more options other than "no, it'll ruin PvP".

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
That's fine and I do not disagree with the concept of offering TC versions of balance's blades that can only be purchased by Balance wizards.

What I do disagree with is seethe42's suggestion to change them from universal blades to blades that only trigger with Balance school spells. That in effect creates a balance specific blade without a balance specific shield. That is what I am opposed to.
I think the idea is not to make the already in game balance blades only for balance spells, but to add another type of balance blade that IS only triggered by balance spells. Balance really doesn't have the ability to buff like other schools and while I understand balance is a little bit of everything, I think adding a blade that buffs balance damage only would be fair because as it stands the other schools get our blades on top of theirs. It could even be only plus 25% or 30% and the balance wizards would be happy. Or at least I would.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Heuna on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
I think the idea is not to make the already in game balance blades only for balance spells, but to add another type of balance blade that IS only triggered by balance spells. Balance really doesn't have the ability to buff like other schools and while I understand balance is a little bit of everything, I think adding a blade that buffs balance damage only would be fair because as it stands the other schools get our blades on top of theirs. It could even be only plus 25% or 30% and the balance wizards would be happy. Or at least I would.
That is exactly the kind of blade I do not support. That amounts to a balance specific blade with no balance specific shield. That makes the balance school (which is already a top tier PvP school) even more overwhelming. The only way I would support such a blade was if a balance specific shield was simultaneously introduced or the blade was created as "NO PVP".

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:

I'm not saying to change the existing blades. There isn't currently one available from vendors. Your concern could also be addressed by making it no PvP. If you make it only Balance school can purchase it then it would also need to be no trade. Making it Balance specific wouldn't really change it's effect with regard to shields. If it's +30 Universal or +30 Balance, it's still going to boost a Loremaster spell the same and still have no Balance specific shield.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
I'm not saying to change the existing blades. There isn't currently one available from vendors. Your concern could also be addressed by making it no PvP. If you make it only Balance school can purchase it then it would also need to be no trade. Making it Balance specific wouldn't really change it's effect with regard to shields. If it's +30 Universal or +30 Balance, it's still going to boost a Loremaster spell the same and still have no Balance specific shield.
If it was made no PvP I would have no qualms with it being added.

That being said to address your conceptual argument-If it's made balance specific it would indeed boost loremaster. However unlike a universal blade, a balance wizard would be able to remove universal debuffs(the only defense against balance damage) with off school attacks/wands while still retaining a balance specific buff. That would be massively problematic in PvP.

Yes other schools can also remove universal debuffs while retaining their specificbuffs. However, when other schools place a specific blade their opponent can counter with a specific shield. In the case of a balance specific blade the opponent has no recourse as no balance specific shield exists. Hence my opposition to the idea.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
If it was made no PvP I would have no qualms with it being added.

That being said to address your conceptual argument-If it's made balance specific it would indeed boost loremaster. However unlike a universal blade, a balance wizard would be able to remove universal debuffs(the only defense against balance damage) with off school attacks/wands while still retaining a balance specific buff. That would be massively problematic in PvP.

Yes other schools can also remove universal debuffs while retaining their specificbuffs. However, when other schools place a specific blade their opponent can counter with a specific shield. In the case of a balance specific blade the opponent has no recourse as no balance specific shield exists. Hence my opposition to the idea.
I can see the debuff being an issue in PvP. Being a TC it would only leave them with one unstackable blade though. Personally I don't really think it's absolutely needed in the game. It would just be a nice addition for PvE soloing on Balance is all.